Search results

1. K

ASUS WRX80 Workstation Motherboard for new AMD Threadripper Pro's - Memory Module DIMM Slot installation permutation.

After some Q&A all over the place online, I decided to go with Fractal Define 7 XL Case. Lian Li's O11Dynamic XL came in second since it required the purchase of an additional EEB bracket to support the ASUS WRX80E-SAGE MB. The second reason to compare these two cases is that they both have a...
  2. K

ASUS WRX80 Workstation Motherboard for new AMD Threadripper Pro's - Memory Module DIMM Slot installation permutation.

Just found out that the ASUS description of MB size stating E-ATX is in fact more like SSI-EEB form factor. This is a heads-up about case compatibility issues.
  3. K

Are you saying I should go for 8 modules instead of 4 ? I typically buy bigger than I need since I keep thing longer than most (Futur proofing)
  4. K

I have seen a Lenovo P620 Thinkstation review that shows DIMM_D1 and DIMM_C1 + DIMM_G1 and DIMM_H1 being populated. Seems to be a choice of furthest away from CPU socket. Maybe placed for better thermal management. Who's knows. I suspect that a rule of thumb of 2 modules per side is a default...
  5. K

Where should I install the 4 X 32GB modules ? Which 4 memory module config should I purchase: 1RX4, 2RX4, 1RX8 or 2RX8 modules (Kingston or Crucial) ? I have read online that the X8 are more power efficient. Regards