Search results

1. JustinH

12 Node, 24 Drive Bay, LCD with BMC in 3U Case with 10G Switch

Hi All, I thought you all might like this Build I just finished. Build’s Name: Operating System/ Storage Platform: Linux (armbian) CPU: 6 x NanoPI M4v2, 5 Raspberry 3 CM+, 1 RK3399 Development Board with 7" LCD and 4G/LTE Uplink Chassis: intel p4400 Drives: 3 x 8 2.5" Bay SATA Icydock...
  2. JustinH

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

There are a few projects on GitHub that port the drivers to newer kernel releases as well. I can dig up the link if compiling doesn’t help. (Doing a rebuild doesn’t work for newer kernel versions. Too many changes on the kernel side...) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JustinH

Smart AC?

Have a look at a device called Sensibo. I use it for my home AC. Has some smarts in it, but also a API that you can plug into with scripts. (As well as mobile apps) Also a bunch of applets on IFFT if you really want to get fancy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. JustinH

One Rack to Rule Them All or Multi-Rack?

I got the 12U version. Very solid and adjustable depth as well. I’ve got a Dell R510 and a Intel 2213H in there (plus other short depth gear) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. JustinH

[Cancelled] For Sale: QTY 16 -- VEGA 56 / 64 GPUs

Still available? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. JustinH

An Odd SSH Key Regeneration Question

Most of the liveCD’s etc will create new SSH keys upon boot (unless you have some persistent storage). When the keys are generated they are usually stored in /etc/sshd/ so on a PXE scenario all hosts that share the /etc directory would have the same keys. For normal installs - when SSHD starts...
  7. JustinH

pfsense: A 'meltdown' of a different sort?

The guy I feel is a moron. 90% of PfSense is based on free software, they just wrap a nice GUI around it and offer support. PfSense would exist for the thousands of open source developers that work on all the components that they use, yet they get all uptight about other people “profiteering”...
  8. JustinH

Monero Mining Performance

It will be in the upcoming 4.15 release and I believe most of the distros will back port it. I tested on Fedora with the patch backported to 4.14. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. JustinH

Monero Mining Performance

For CPU hashing - yes. I did a quick test today and Saw about a 15% reduction in hash rates. Not going to upgrade my kernels anytime soon ( the machines are not exposed to the Net and I have my wallet on a different machine so little risk there) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. JustinH

Pissed off with Shipito, need suggestion for other forwarders

Sorry. I was replying to Evan Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. JustinH

Pissed off with Shipito, need suggestion for other forwarders

Also in SG but never had a issue with VPost. And I’ve shipped quad node intel servers, large cases and even a Cisco Nexus switch. What issues did you have with vpost? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. JustinH

Gpu and cpu hashrates

Why not start a google sheet? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. JustinH

Need some help with HP branded HGST HUSMM8040ASS204 SSDs

Blocked usually indicates 520B. Not sure what Non-Raid means. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. JustinH

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I’d like to get in as well! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. JustinH

pfSense Firewall and Manual DNS Entry Question

Your looking for what’s called Hairpin NAT. It’s doable, just usually requires a extra rule or two. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. JustinH

Sun Oracle F40 400GB PCI-e SSD - 65$

3 for $60/each declined. [emoji25] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. JustinH

Solid WAN advice

And if you go for the 2G links in SG, it's actually 2 x 1G links. Telco's like ViewQwest just set it up as 2 WAN links and use load balancing tricks in the Mikrotik router to spread the load over each WAN connection (so the result is, even with a 10G link to your server/workstation, you won't...
  18. JustinH

Solid WAN advice

So that member was me right? I'm guessing you have one of the Fibre packages from the telco's in Singapore? Then you cannot directly connect the Fibre to your server as it's a GPON Fibre connection. You will still need that Fibre/Ethernet Bridge/Modem. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. JustinH

Running hot

@Evan: nope. Zabbix pulling the temps via IPMI (for the servers) or SNMP for the switch Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. JustinH

Running hot

I'm running in a small closet in tropical Singapore. Only fans for exhaust. Ambient outdoor temps stay around 32-34C. I have a Old Dell R510, and Intel 4 node H2213 (with 2 nodes powered on all the time), a 24 x 2.5" diskshelf and a Cisco Nexus 5010 Switch than runs HOT! Inlet temps are...