Search results

1. B

ASUS KRPA-U16 Q-code 90 on boot (not posting)

Got a good deal on a 64 core ZS and took the gamble, it paid off. System back up again after a CPU switch. TLDR: Switching the CPU after Q code 90 worked!
  2. B

I've inspected it, visually the contact pads were completely fine
  3. B

Hi guys. So I have had an engineering 2S1404E2VJUG5 sample running on a KRPA-U16 board, and I was mining RTM, until it just stopped working all of a sudden. Now, when I start it up, I get Q-code 90 and this is what's on the screen: At the bottom, it says "System Initializing" on the left...
  4. B

ASUS KRPA-U16 PCIe bifurcation

Is it possible? I need an NVMe raid (2 x 2TB) for now, was thinking of going up to 4 x 2 TB. Got an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 G4 and was hoping to set up all of the drives on the adapter. But it only works if I have 1 SSD installed. Hey, it's good enough for now, 1 in the adapter and one in the M.2...
  5. B

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

3.4 all core stable, it can go up to 3.6-3.8, but I don't really keep it there, because the VRM's get too hot if under load.
  6. B

I'm running a 2S on an ASUS KRPA-U16 with 2 PCIe 4.0 slots, everything running smoothly. But you do need to flash to an earlier BIOS version. I think I used this one.
  7. B

Never mind

I've got an intel raid controller flashed into an LSI adapter that has served me well. I decided to expand on the cheap by adding a LSI SAS 3082E-R (3081E-R). It also supports 8 drives, just like my first HBA. I can raid 0 them together using mdadm, I can run the gnome-disks benchmark and...
  8. B

I'm using the tool for Ubuntu, and on a fresh install of Ubuntu it would lock the frequencies at the desired setting. I only touched the frequency, Overclock VID, and set the PPT and TDC to 0, and EDC to 30 so I can utilize the EDC bug. On a fresh system, when I typed "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep...
  9. B

System absurdly underperforming on Madmax plotter (chia)

I think you misunderstood me: I actually had 8 sas drives running and 256 GB of ram, so 4 sas drives and 1 x 110 GB RAMDisk for each parallel plot. I guess even 1 plot on a RAMDisk gets somewhat close to unleashing the potential of the CPU, so that's why the times were so much worse with 2 plots...
  10. B

Sorry guys, gonna bump the thread. So, it takes me 27 mins to make 1 plot with 4 x SAS 10k drivers as temp 1 and a RAMDisk for temp2. But when I try to make 2 plots in parallel (4 x SAS for each temp 1 and a RAMDisk for each temp 2), it takes 40 minutes to make both plots. Is it really supposed...
  11. B

I've got 256 GB of RAM, and when I try to make to plots in parallel, my system freezes. It was fine when I did 1 plot in parallel with 128 GB of RAM. The screen just freezes and the keyboard turns off, I'm guessing I might be running out of RAM or something. All I want is to have a program show...
  12. B

It's not normal, should be around 100 MB/sec (I think), so yeah, something is definitely wrong but I have no idea what it could be.
  13. B

EPYC Rome RAM settings for XMR performance

Oooh, now I understand why your hashrate drops when you remove half of the sticks, I forgot that you have only 4 channels per DIMM if your remove half of the sticks. Just for the record, I removed 2 DIMMs to leave 8 in the board (as per the manual instructions), and what do you know, the...
  14. B

THE CHIA FARM

Yes, should be about 2 times faster. Here's what I would do with 512 GB of RAM: Test on Linux with 2 X SAS drives as temp1 and compare it to 4 SAS drives as temp1. If there is a big enough difference, I would go for a setup 16 SAS drives, 4 drives for each temp1, doing 4 in parallel. If you see...
  15. B

34 kh/s with 2 CPU's... IDK, that's just underwhelming. I would try to improve the cooling on the VRM and just crank up the TDP. I've got a fan blowing on it right now, and the chokes are kind of hot, but the VRM seems cooler. Keeping it at 2.6 GHz even though I can do like 3.2 stable because...
  16. B

THE CHIA FARM

ImDisk is shit, NTFS sucks balls, you need to move over to Linux and make a tmpfs temp 2. The learning curve is steep, but oh so worth it. Umm, you can use the RAMDisk for 4 x temp 2 directories, that will be the most efficient thing to do for scaling up. With 512 GB's of ram, you can have one...
  17. B

I got 11 x 32 GB 2400 MHz sticks for $67 each (mega lucky, I know), right now I have 10 of them plugged in (was testing the memory, no issues), and it's only doing 32 kh/s @ 2.6 GHz, and with 4 sticks it was like ~36 kh/s (I think it's the extra 2 sticks adding latency on one of the channels)...
  18. B

I've got 8 X M393A2K43DB3-CWEGQ sticks and a 2s1404e2vjug5 CPU Using the EDC bug and @ 2.6 GHz, I get about 40 kh/s, @ 3.0 GHz I get about 44.5 kh/s mining XMR. Don't want to push it higher because the power draw is already quite crazy. I was curious if it's even worth bothering with tuning...