Search results

1. Sniper_X

Are EMC HDX4 cables the same as SFF-8644 cables....?

I am looking for high quality External HD Mini SAS 4x SFF-8644 to HD Mini SAS x4 SFF-8644 Cable. (3 meter) I found some "EMC 038-004-380-01 - 12G MINI-HDX4 TO MINI-HDX4 3M | Mini SAS HD 12G 3M" Cables. I know EMC would have excellent cables, so are these the same pinout as SFF-8644's?
  2. Sniper_X

Exploring logical options for LSI 12Gb/SAS HBA's for high performance storage target...

Background Info: After a long delay, I am continuing my "InfiniBeast" project of building a super fast, (5GB+/sec) storage target. I am basing it on an Ultrastar Data60 Hybrid Storage Platform. Although I might change this plan, currently, the build will mimic/re-create the build-out outlined...
  3. Sniper_X

How to unbrick a 9280-16i4e?

I have a firmware checksum - needs reflashing error at boot. I have seen unbricking walkthroughs for other cards, just haven't found one for the 9280-16i4e. Can someone asist with a pointer to a good step-by-step unbrick process?
  4. Sniper_X

FW BUG?! LSI 9280-16i4e "Adapter at Baseport is not responding" but only when drives are plugged in!

I have an LSI 9280-16i4e, and 14 HGST 6tb drives. The array is across 14 of them, with a HGST SAS 12GB/s RAID1 for the Cachecade 2.0 R/W/ cache. After reading the release notes, I performed a firmware upgrade to get the card to the latest FW and it said it could do it online. I'm used to this...
  5. Sniper_X

Latest SX6012 firmware?

It's been a while since I was deep-dicing into these switches and now need a refresher on where/how to get the latest FW for these units. I have been to the "SwitchX/SwitchX-2 InfiniBand Firmware Download Center", but nothing there lists the SX6012. I only see: MSX6025T_xxxR MSX6025T-xxxS...
  6. Sniper_X

What is the latest MLNX-OS that will run on SX6036?

I have several SX6036 Switches. All are fully licensed, and running 3.6.812 What is the latest version of MLNX-OS available for these? I cannot locate anything beyond 3.6.8012 I am open to, and capable of rolling a new FW bundle if that is a "thing" that can be done. As long as it works, I...
  7. Sniper_X

Mellanox NEO - finally got latest, but actually need older version...

I struggled to get the latest version of NEO, but now I see that I need version 1.2! The newer version sure is pretty, but it doesn't play nice with my SX6032's! Does anyone know where to get the older versions of NEO?!
  8. Sniper_X

FS: QUANTA T41S-2U gear - blowout of spare parts...

I have tons of spares for Quanta T412-2U components and spare parts. Will accept PayPal or ZELLE Shipping would be from 30043 USA, GA Asking $1200 (negotiable) - I do not want to sell pieces in small bits because that has not been moving this stuff out I need it all gone ASAP Also i'm offering...
  9. Sniper_X

Need way to break out my 40/56Gb switch ports....

I have several Mellanox SX6036 switches. I am hoping to use a pair of them as a network core. There will be PLENTY of open ports eve after I fully populate all the 40/56gb connections using QSFP+ cables. However, I need to break a few of these out to various other media types. I could link to...
  10. Sniper_X

DC on Display: What's the most visually stunning storage array chassis you have seen?

I am designing a custom infrastructure and it will be on display in a lobby. I would like to build the storage targets in the most visually spectacular chassis possible. I do NOT want non-functional lights or anything that is obviously fake, however some small lighting effect is acceptable. I...
  11. Sniper_X

Identical Win2019 Images - One wont accept KNOWN password

This is likely the most bizarre thing i have seen in decades. I have just imaged a working server with Windows 2019 Standard to another IDENTICAL server. The original server allows a login using "p@ssw0rd". The server with the exact same image from the other server will NOT accept that...
  12. Sniper_X

DELL FC430 systems and dual On CPUs - strange days...

I have an FX2s setup with 8 FC430s. I loaded them with 128G RAM, and dual XEON E5-2696 v3 Processors. However, I'm really confused about why these aren't booting with dual processors installed. With dual CPUs installed, I get the following over anfd over in teh Lifecycle controller log...
  13. Sniper_X

Server and Storage liquidation (DELL, HP, etc.)

I am about to receive a large amount of gear and I need to empty many shelves of server gear. - If you can come pick this up, that is best (Zip Code 30043). - I have rails for all these things, but I'm not including that cost below. - Prices do not including any shipping costs - I will accept...
  14. Sniper_X

DELL FX2/FX2s 8 bay chassis w/ FC430 servers...

In an attempt to build out an FX2 based lab myself, I have actually made a bulk purchase of them. I now have WAY MORE FX2 hardware than I needed! So, I'm going to liquidate what I don't need. Here is the deal: 1 DELL FX2 Chassis configured for 8 bays. Each chassis will contain: 8x FC430...
  15. Sniper_X

Cannot make "gauge interest" posts, but I need to gauge interest...

Forum Procedural question... I know posting gauge interest posts are not allowed, but I have an opportunity to buy a limited number of DELL servers. I would like to share the low pricing I'm getting with folks here. My problem is that to get the price, I have to buy them ALL. I can do this...
  16. Sniper_X

WTB: Dell Poweredge FX2/FX2s gear...

I'm looking around for Dell Poweredge FX2/FX2s parts and maybe whole chassis to expand my lab. Anyone have stuff you would like to sell?
  17. Sniper_X

Need Quanta SAS cables…

I’m having a helluva time connecting my SAS3 drives to my HBA. Standard SAS cables don’t seem to work. Is there a difference between the SAS2 and SAS3 cables that may be preventing my drives from showing up? If there is a difference, and if that difference would prevent SAS3 drives from...
  18. Sniper_X

Trouble finding right SAS cables...

I have a Quanta T41S-2U server (converged 4 node system) I am trying to replace the internal SAS cables that go from the SAS3 Mezzanine card to the front of the motherboard. I purchased two of these: 23" Internal HD Mini SAS SFF-8643 - Mini SAS SFF-8643 Right Angle Amphenol Cable However, when...
  19. Sniper_X

Cannot determine device path /instance id for HDM firmware update in Windows.

I have tried several ways to assemble the windows version of the device path in the Windows version of HDM. The dump of the device info shows no path. ================================================= C:\Program Files\HGST\HGST Device Manager 3.4.0>hdm get-info -u 5000CCA02B3CE0F0...
  20. Sniper_X

Inconsistent SAS link speed behavior.... back/midplanes compared...

This is on a Quanta T41S-2U chassis. SFF form factor (2.5" drive x 24) I am having a terrible time getting consistent link speed negotiation on SAS3 (12Gb/s) drives. The 1.2TB drives are linking at 12Gb, but the Toshiba SSDs are linking at odd / random speeds. The RAID card BIOS shows...