Search results

1. T

Pfsense(or Opnsense) on a Cisco ASA-5512-X

Will reply to my own self since I figured it out... Sort of. I used a VGA to board header cable that I bought (found a thread on Reddit for the Ironport C170 which is apparently the same board), I entered the bios using F2 and changed the boot order to USB-HDD first, and that's it. I also got...
  2. T

Pfsense(or Opnsense) on a Cisco ASA-5512-X

I know it's a year old thread, but I just acquired an ASA5512-X for free. Is the IDC cable just a USB board header? Anyone want to share some more details? I'd like to get opnSense or maybe Mikrotik RouterOS running on this little guy. Maybe even standard Debian just to play around with as I...
  3. T

Router for upgrade to 10 Gigabit WAN at home

What is the number of active users? If you have many, you could try and setup dual gateways, send half of them to each gateway and maybe improve your max throughput instead of relying on single stream performance? I would assume (have to since I live in the stone age) that a 10GBPS WAN would...
  4. T

From what I understand wireguard is merged into the mainline for pfSense, but TNSR is definitely a better choice for high performance.
  5. T

Instead of self installed Linux and IPTables, pfSense is an option in the whitebox territory as well. I am using it for the past 15 or so years without any trouble. Hardware will be most important thing to even get close to 10Gbps. Just thought I'd throw in my $.02
  6. T

Meraki MS220-series FOSS firmware

I'm wondering if the OP would like to sell already flashed chips via paypal for those who can't flash something, but have a hot air station.