Search results

1. M

sm H12SSL-i - stuck on PCI Enumeration only on warm reboot / restart (cold power up FINE)

Had this exact issue with the same hardware (H12SSL-i and a 7302P), reseating all the RAM and moving a Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx from one slot to another fixed it for me. Not sure which action did the trick, but signs point to a random bad connection.
  2. M

[Dallas, TX] WTS: 3x Supermicro X10DRD-LT/CSE-813LT/2683v4/128GB, 10G network hardware, etc.

I do. The price includes the BGP session, but it also comes with a /29 network from the provider if someone wants to take this over and not run BGP.
  3. M

[Dallas, TX] WTS: 3x Supermicro X10DRD-LT/CSE-813LT/2683v4/128GB, 10G network hardware, etc.

Thanks, makes sense. I think the original price was reasonable for someone who needed/wanted the exact setup I’m selling. But it’s been a month and no such unicorn has presented themselves :p ... so perhaps this has broader appeal at $1k off.
  4. M

Bump. Trying to work out whether the price is wrong or if there's simply nobody in the area :)
  5. M

@Serverking that’s the one :) and it’s through a reseller.
  6. M

[EU-GER] WTB: Cascade Lake LGA3647 Xeon, 42U Rack, DDR3+DDR4 RAM, AMD EPYC / TR, Watercooling stuff

@NablaSquaredG sorry for the off topic question, but who’s your freight forwarder in Texas? I’m selling some servers in Dallas on this board but if that goes nowhere I’d look at shipping them home (to Europe).
  7. M

Dumb luck I guess, going over specials at WebHostingTalk and negotiating prices down where the offered package was more than I needed. That said, $100 for 2U + power + 100M is not necessary bad, but the marginal cost for additional space and bandwidth is likely to be much less. Also, power is a...
  8. M

Router for upgrade to 10 Gigabit WAN at home

@t4thfavor I think ultimately having a bog-standard home internet setup is more important to me than the delta between 4Gbps and 10Gbps (I know, blasphemy!). My Mac is the only device here with a 10G interface, so nobody else can even theoretically notice the speed. And between the Samsung Smart...
  9. M

Router for upgrade to 10 Gigabit WAN at home

The MikroTik will work and route packets at 10G, but it doesn't have WireGuard yet. (The feature is being introduced in RouterOS 7, but that's not ready for use and nobody knows when that's going to change). I have 10G WAN at home and use a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro. My speed tests top out at...
  10. M

EDIT 6 April 2021: Updated price ($1,000 off) I've decided to give up the 5U, three-server setup I have colocated at a Dallas area datacenter: 3x Supermicro PIO-618R-TDLR-BK0-LC019, each with: CSE-813LT 1U chassis (two hot-swap 3.5" bays), dual PSUs X10DRD-LT motherboard, dual socket, 8 DIMM...
  11. M

[CA-SERVICE REQUEST] Switch setup work / occasional remote hands in Sacramento

Let's see if I'm doing this right :) I have a cabinet in a data center in Sacramento, CA, and am in Europe myself. I'm planning a switch swap that's a bit complicated as the hardware was shipped directly from the vendor and isn't configured, so hardware rack & stack + config is likely going to...