Search results

1. D

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Good find. It might be time to start it, its own thread Stovar, I'm sure the N100 series will need it. :)
  2. D

No, it has more mass and therefore would take more energy to heat up, correspondingly holding more heat and taking longer to dissipate the heat.
  3. D

No, they have different thicknesses. Your terminology is wrong, you are saying they have the same O.D. and that is correct, but the thickness or internal depth of the alloy (which we are talking about) is greater in a solid piece. Take our example of a hollow block, in calculating the mass of...
  4. D

No that's wrong. The thicker the material, the more time it takes to transfer the same amount of heat.
  5. D

Are they hollow? they wouldn't be, that would make the casting nearly impossible. ... but let's go with the idea that they are hollow, they would in fact be better at transferring heat because air isn't a good conductor of heat and the heat would walk up the thin sides to the next closest thing...
  6. D

There shouldn't be any block, copper or otherwise, it should be part of the lid and just CNC milled into the correct level like this Raspberry Pi 4 case.
  7. D

Just be mindful that there are some clear plastic strips around the CPU so too much pressure won't make it work any better, you just need a firm contact to make the CPU heat aware that there is something cooler it can expand/balance into. That's the best way I can explain it.
  8. D

Brilliant! that's the best example I have ever seen of the problem. o_O
  9. D

Did you do this? https://www.servethehome.com/how-to-pass-through-pcie-nics-with-proxmox-ve-on-intel-and-amd/
  10. D

Yeah not hide the company, I meant just reusing the same info / product photos. Often the text info and photos are at odds with each other.
  11. D

Thank you for doing that for me Stovar it's not really easy to get through the mass of models when you have been out of touch with it for a bit. Yeah, looking at the product pages between those two it looks like they are sharing info rather than unique product pages, classic AE in action.
  12. D

Okay thank you both. I will have to go trawling through AE I guess, unless you have a link to the one you’re referring to?
  13. D

Is there an N5105, V5, i226, 6-port version out yet?
  14. D

Oh noooo :( I wonder if the N5105 stock will receive a price discount on the way out anyway?
  15. D

Thanks, I did see that. I hope they give it at least a 6xx series GPU, but that might even be setting the bar too high.
  16. D

What model UHD Graphics is onboard in the newer chips? Just wondering what sort of grunt the 'Quick Sync' will have on those chips.
  17. D

Some old Samsung m471a4g43mb1-ctd that I had hanging around from an Intel NUC that also wasn't expected to run as high as 64GB. https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/sku/126140/intel-nuc-kit-nuc8i7beh/specifications.html...
  18. D

I'm running 2 x 32GB SODIMMs on a N5105 here and it works perfectly. :)
  19. D

Too soon with the BF deal???
  20. D

The link works fine. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005004302428997.html Edit; if you can't see it you might be geo-blocked, use a VPN to a different country and try again.