Search results

1. A

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

These are great units; while I wouldn't grab any without all the needed parts, these are still at an awesome deal for what they are. A little bit of 3D printing or CNC can get you a nice backplate as well if you wish to transplant into a reguler (maybe a Supermicro) chassis.
  2. A

I'm purchasing these myself for ceph/storage as well so if you end up sourcing the trays please keep us informed. Speaking of informed, my contact at QCT provided me the latest BIOS for these unit(s): 2020WW21.1_S1Q_3A15.zip
  3. A

Lovely -- good to know; now all that is left is PSU fan control (low priority for me). I'll be working on a script similar (a fork) to nmaggioni/r710-fan-controller to wrap this all nicely as time permits. I currently make use of this on my Dell r7910 with some slight tweaks and working a treat...
  4. A

Help! :) Quanta D51B-2U fan control via BMC / IPMI2.0 commands?

I believe I've found what you have been looking for -- check what I've just posted here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/xeon-d-1541-quanta-storage-servers-on-ebay.27910/post-296970
  5. A

Quick break from the above WIP post: While messing about with updating FRU info, I believe I've found the correct raw IPMI values to address fans on the SD1Q-1ULH; Here are the respective raw values for the system fans (will be looking into the PSU fans as well): raw 0x30 0x39 0x01 0x04...
  6. A

Hey all; I've been eyeing these units as I have a Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F running the same Xeon D-1541 rock solid; FedEx as usual loves destroying things so out of the two purchased was able to get one usable frame (already talking to seller to have the other replaced). I was still able to go...