Search results

1. C

Anybody installed another OS on QNAP TS-h1886XU-RP R2

Sorry, I feel pretty dumb about this post. Since it has has PCI slots, I was able to plug in a video card and do my install. With this NAS there is a fair amount of sharing PCIe lanes, so I'll have to decide whether or not to leave the video adapter in there at the loss of some lanes for the...
  2. C

Anybody installed another OS on QNAP TS-h1886XU-RP R2

This NAS has a Xeon D-1622 and 16 GB of RAM. Comes with a QNAP NAS OS. Unfortunately, no video output at all. I did find a console header on the motherboard, and a poorly labeled header that might support an eDP display via a ribbon-type cable. I was considering trying to install TrueNAS...
  3. C

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

Checking today, it shows a 1 year warranty. Also "488 sold in the last 24 hours." Actually, the listing has I guess Ebay boilerplate that says 1 year refub warranty. The seller description does say 3-yr warranty.
  4. C

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Not sure how to troubleshoot this problem. I never seen any errors in the host log, usually I don't have time to tinker and get into the guest OS and see if it has errors. I'm going to try to wire in a serial-port host connection so I can access the guest (OPNsense) on my gui-less console PC.
  5. C

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I have the CWWK N100 version with 4 ports. I'm passing my 2.5Gbit NICs through to a Proxmox VM running OPNsense. I've developed a problem where the passed-through ports don't work properly after 48 hours or so. Always happens at a low-traffic time at night. Rebooting the OPNsense VM doesn't...
  6. C

[FS] [US-MD] Xeon Server, Ryzen Server Mobo, Thin Client

$350 for the whole package or $250 for the mobo only.
  7. C

Bump for updated prices and addition of AMD GPU
  8. C

Looks like $100 $80 would be fair for this. Not sure about any Windows stuff for it. I ran Linux and OPNsense (BSD) on it.
  9. C

Like many others, downsizing the home lab and recapitalizing into other gear. 3) HP/ T620 PLUS Thin Client Quad Core GX-420CA 16/4+Intel GB 4-port GigE adapter Asking **NEW PRICE** $50 plus shipping OBO 4) Avocent (now Veritiv) MPU2016 IP KVM Device Including 6 Avocent branded "CIMs" -- USB...
  10. C

FS Switch Reliability

Recently, we purchased a number of mid-level FS switches for an update to our infrastructure. Two weeks ago we deployed a switch as a temporary stand-in while while re-wiring was done. The switch should have been past its "infant mortality" stage as it had been burned in for a couple months...
  11. C

[US] B&H Photo 12TB Elements for $190 ($15.83 TB) (27 Oct 21 Only)

Best Buy is having the easystore 14TB drives in a "pre-Black Friday" sale for $200. Supposedly if you're a BB member, you get guaranteed prices if they fall lower on bf.
  12. C

[US] B&H Photo 12TB Elements for $190 ($15.83 TB) (27 Oct 21 Only)

I know most folks on STH probably aren't shuckers, but B&H Photo (much more respectable IMHO than NewEgg) as the above drive on sale for just today. Doing the math, we're at $15.83 per TB, so getting closer to "good deal" territory. It will be interesting to see if these slip further for black...
  13. C

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

I was able to resolve the BMC upgrade problems and install Proxmox via USB stick. No luck getting the SMB "virtual media" working using a Linux samba server so far, but that isn't a deal-killer for my app. Wish it supported browser-based virtual media like some other solutions though.
  14. C

True enough, but I'm sure that at least one or two security vulnerabilities were addressed. It is unfortunate that they don't provide a changelog
  15. C

Well I appear to have managed to brick the IPMI with the most recent firmware file: BMC_X11AST2500-4101MS_20210510_01.73.12_STDsp.zip I get a bunch of "undefined"s in fields now including lack of power control and no video.
  16. C

Got my unit today. Definitely clean and brand new. NCR branding, bet these were planned to be "central computers" for Point of Sale systems or something like that. Seems like a good use case, surprised they didn't get used. Does anyone have any insight into what kind of SFP+ optics it will...
  17. C

What kind of memory are you outfitting it with ?
  18. C

Pulled the trigger. Took offer of $475. One left! At least some more left (more than 10 as @tinfoil3d noted)