Search results

1. S

IBM/Lenovo RackSwitch G8264 - Info on These Switches?

I've seen a couple of these on Ebay used for reasonable prices, was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, or if they were worth messing with. Here is the Lenovo Spec sheet in case anyone is wondering: Lenovo They are 48port sfp+ with 4 40g ports which is nice, they seem to be quiet-ish...
  2. S

ServeRaid M5210 - Unsupported SAS Drives?

So I have a Lenovo X3650 m5 that I bought some 600gb 10k HSGT SAS drives for, however it says that they are "unsupported" and refuses to allow me to initialize them. The M5210 is based on an Avago LSI 3108 card, so not sure why it doesn't work with 6GB/s SAS drives. Is there a way around this...
  3. S

Supermicro 6027 X9 Servers - Are X10 Nodes Compatible?

I was wondering if it is possible to put X10 nodes in a Supermicro 6027 server that has X9 nodes. As long as they are similar can you pop the X10 nodes in? Or are they wired differently from the X9 nodes? These are the 4 node 2u chassis from Supermicro. Was looking at these servers to run a...
  4. S

X10DRI - Saying DIMMs are failing?

So I just got a used X10DRI, some E5-2630v4s, and 4x16gb DDR4-2133P ram for it, but it is saying that the dimms are failing in all the slots no matter which dimm I use or which slot i put it in. Am I missing something? Or should I try getting some different ram for it? Supposedly the E5 V4...
  5. S

Supermicro X9DRD-iT - Not Controlling Fan Speeds?

So I got a X9DRD-iT motherboard a few months back, but for whatever reason it won't control the fan speeds, they just stay below idle all the time even if its set higher in IPMI or if the processors get hot. This is in a CSE-815 chassis with 4 fans. My X8DTN controls the fan speeds fine, so its...
  6. S

Cisco Nexus 5548P - Quieter Fan Mod?

So I picked up a Cisco Nexus 5548 for DIRT cheap from a local electronics recycler in my area. It's a really nice switch, like the ability for fabric extenders and the like and just the features it has, but it is stinking LOUD. I have it in the basement but you can hear it upstairs. My Procurve...
  7. S

FreeBSD - Trying to set up switch with ifbridge, no communication?

So I was trying to set up a basic switch in HyperV using FreeBSD on top of my Chelsio T540 by bridging it, but I get no connection when connecting through it. I followed the handbook to set up the bridge, ifconfig bridge0 create, then ifconfig bridge0 addm hn1 .... addm hn5, and then went...
  8. S

Celestica Redstone XP - NOS Options, ONL Documentations?

So I finally got ONIE loaded on my switch, but I can't really find a NOS that works. I tried SONiC, which supports the Broadcom chipset but not that switch directly, and it doesn't work correctly (all kinds of errors when trying to do any show command for example) I tried ONL which I was able...
  9. S

Gigabit Router/Firewall Appliance on the Cheap - Fortinet 60D vs 140D? Other Options?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone would know what a decent option for a router would be. Basically, I have a second router between the rest of my home network (Under a router from ISP) and my network. Currently my ISP only has like 150-200 megs down, but I do need gigabit transfer...
  10. S

Chelsio T540 and Procurve 6600-48g-4XG - No connection on 10GBe

Hello everyone, For the life of me I cannot figure this out. I have a Chelsio T540 and a T420, but neither will connect to my switch over 10gbe fiber. I have OM4 fiber running to my switch, and I am using two Chelsio (rebranded Finisar) modules, but I get nothing. I also tried some AOI generic...
  11. S

Celestica Redstone D2060 - No OS, just goes into UEFI?

Hello everyone, I bought a used Celestica Redstone D2060 switch for cheap, but when connecting with a console cable, all I get is the uefi settings. I can get it to boot from a thumb drive, but it doesnt seem to have any ONIE on it or anything so I don't even know what OS I could install. Does...