Search results

1. Castlers

Using Mellanox Infiniband DAC Cables for Ethernet, is this possible?

its more of FDR infiniband and if you HAVE the ethernet license you can get 56gbe as well, the ethernet licensing and the L3 capabilities are not unlocked by default. Do you know what version of the MLNX OS you have?
  2. Castlers

EXPIRED Micron 7300 MAX 3.2TB 80 USD

I have missed this, but I could have used them in my icydock would have been an ok space upgrade.
  3. Castlers

Switching Mellanox SX6036 from InfiniBand to Ethernet Mode

Yea I've done it! You need a license from Mellanox to unlock that functionality. Is your switch's firmware updated to the latest version?
  4. Castlers

Using Mellanox Infiniband DAC Cables for Ethernet, is this possible?

Since you have 50gbe NICs why don't you go for something like a Mellanox SX6036 switch? (<$200 on ebay) Its 40gbe if you have the "license" and every DAC cable I have gotten has been fine with infiniband or ethernet for that switch and I have a few optical ones from FS.com
  5. Castlers

Mellanox SX6036 DHCP Relay Problems

I'm willing to try this out on a VM from my server or another device specifically for this it would be kinda cool to see if I can get that to work. Thank you for all your help on that I'll reply to this more if I can find anything.
  6. Castlers

Yes my switch would unfortunately fall into that category (SX 6036), unfortunately even for the relay always-on it won't let me enable that either and this problem seems quite silly... Why would they lock down DHCP helper of all things
  7. Castlers

As far as I can tell it doesn't actually enable it and I'm not familiar with that error as all the documentation shows it to be pretty painless to enable (its not).
  8. Castlers

I have a couple VLANs and I wanted to set an upstream DHCP relay on them so I could point it to a DHCP server I'm hosting, but the switch is giving me an error if I try to enable it at all. This is said throughout when I just try to enable it or point it to a helper address at all, I can go...
  9. Castlers

Mellanox SX6036 L3 VLAN woes

Alright it is working now! I set the static routes on both the router for the VLANs and the in the CLI set the route from VLAN 999 to the router. Only issue is now the speeds are awful.
  10. Castlers

It does look a lot cleaner after moving the mgmt0 off this current subnet and it looks like the route from vlan999 is actually correct, but I cannot get past it to reach 10.0.0.1 Both sides can ping 10.0.0.99 though, which is good I guess. I went ahead and put a static route on my router and...
  11. Castlers

I'm having issues routing from the switch to the router/ISP. I have 2 VLANs created to separate the Workstations and the Servers, and while Inter-VLAN routing is working, getting out of the switch and to the router is not working. I cannot create a routerport on this switch as it says the device...
  12. Castlers

Mellanox Infiniband Problems

I tried quite a lot of different combinations even in QDR/FDR/ETH it still caps around 20 ish. Even when directly connect from card to card I'm not really sure what is wrong. Tried different drivers firmwares abd using my xeon platforms with a lot of available pcie lanes.
  13. Castlers

I got the SX6036 working, thank you, but I'm still trying to figure out what's causing the performance drop on my ConnectX3 and 4 cards
  14. Castlers

I haven't been able to get above the 20gb/s on any of the systems as I'm unsure what's causing it.
  15. Castlers

Voltaire 4036e is finally dead, now I need help with the SX6036

Hey guys, as the title states my 4036e, which only served as the subnet manager and bridge from IB to ethernet has now finally kicked the bucket. I was wondering of there is anyone out there has has information on how to get an ethernet gateway license for the SX6036. I tried contacting Mellanox...
  16. Castlers

Thanks for helping me out with that I have those Mellanox tools working now. Here is the result of my client to server connection
  17. Castlers

I've been trying to get one from mellanox for a little, but its getting hard to convince them to respond about it. I know that the SX6036G has it built in, but I was going to try my luck since you can pick these switches up for around $200 on ebay.
  18. Castlers

while it would be easier for me the SX6036 is significantly cheaper than pretty much anything and I have a subnet manager/ethernet bridge for all of the machines so buying an equivalent ethernet switch isn't an option
  19. Castlers

I'm trying to get that to run atm, I have the latest WINOF2 driver installed, but the only documentation for how to run the test is on linux. How would I run this in powershell or something as there must be a specific mellanox module im supposed to call for it as ib_send_bw isn't recognized as a...
  20. Castlers

It could very likely be that its lane allocation could be a factor in not hitting 56gb/s, but I'm only getting 20gb/s at the moment and I have enough bandwidth for about double that.