Search results

1. P

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

I bought HP 764284-B21. I think it's a Mellanox MCX353A-FCCT. Do I have to flash the stock Mellanox firmware to use it in my Supermicro server?
  2. P

Infiniband 40Gbps question

do I need to flash it to do ethernet? From the HP docs: source
  3. P

Supermicro H11DSi only sees 768GB RAM

thanks everyone, I ordered a new H11DSi to test. Everything is working fine, detecting all 2TB RAM correctly... now in the process of returning the previous one to get a replacement
  4. P

Infiniband 40Gbps question

hello, I need a cost effective solution for a 40Gbps connection. I have an all-flash NVMe storage server that is being heavily used 0-24 by 4 other servers (each has Mellanox CX312A 10GBe Dual Port ConnectX-3 NIC) I was thinking about getting a Mikrotik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM. It has two 40G QSFP+...
  5. P

alright, I tested it in the Asrock and a H11SSL as well. Both work fine with the CPUs I pulled from the H11DSi, however initially the H11SSL did not detect 1TB ram as well but it worked fine with 8x 64GB sticks. I pulled the EPYC 7551 from the Asrock board and the EPYC 7551 from the H11SSL and...
  6. P

I tried with 128GB modules I have in Asrock ROME8D-2T. It is a single socket board and I have 8x 128GB in that. The EPYC 7551 detects them in that board without issue (1TB total). When I put the same EPYC 7551 and the same 8x 128GB sticks in the H11DSi it only detected 4. It does the same with...
  7. P

what does killing mem channels mean? It is only 2 months old, I still have almost 3 years warranty.
  8. P

I pulled an Epyc 7551 (same CPU) from the Asrock Rack board and tested in single CPU mode with 8x 64GB Hynx modules STILL THE SAME, C, D, G, H detected. Previously this CPU detected 8x 128GB Hynix without issues in the Asrock board
  9. P

I switched CPUs. Put P2 into the P1 socket and tested in single CPU mode with 8x 64GB Hynx modules Still C, D, G, H detected.
  10. P

BIOS and IPMI reset did not solve the issue
  11. P

I did not, I do not even see this option in the bios to be honest. Ok I will try a BIOS reset as well.
  12. P

I will now switch the two Epyc 7551 in this board and test. Maybe they are not seated well still? As after reseating the detected DIMMs changed from C, D, G to C, D, G, H in P1 and from C, D, G to just D, G in P2. After that I think I should remove the same Epyc 7551 from one of my Asrock Rack...
  13. P

alright, it only detected the same four DIMMs with the 64GB Hynix sticks as with the 128GB Hynix sticks... so now it's either the CPU or motherboard then... To summarize: Before I reseated the CPUs, the following 128GB DIMMs were detected out of 16: P1-DIMMC1 P1-DIMMD1 P1-DIMMG1 P2-DIMMC1...
  14. P

it was the same four as in my previous screenshot when I tested with both CPUs: C, D, G, H detected, A, B, E, F not detected. Earlier it was C, D and G though on both CPUs I will test it now with 1 CPU and 8x 64GB Hynix ECC 2666. Next I will try what you suggested.
  15. P

I tried with just one CPU, 8 DIMM slots populated. It detects 4, 512GB.
  16. P

no issues in the eventlog. I tested all modules in an Asrock Rack board, no issues, I think the sticks are fine. I tried testing it with a few sticks but it won't boot unless at least the P1-DIMMC1 is populated. Maybe because according to the table we should always begin with C1?
  17. P

I have reseated the CPUs. Still 768GB. However, the 6 modules are now different
  18. P

I haven't tried reseating the CPUs yet. Thanks for the tip, I will try this. I have tried reseating the modules however. Mixed them, installed only a few of them, etc. I also have 8 Hynix 64GB LRDIMM modules, maybe it is worth a try to see if those are detected properly before reseating the...
  19. P

yes sir. Both BIOS and IPMI up to date
  20. P

I can confirm Epyc 7001 series can handle 2S4R 128GB modules.I tested the DIMMs in an Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T with the same CPU and it handles 8x Hynix 2S4Rx4 128GB 2666 LRDIMM modules without issue (1TB).So it's the Supermicro motherboard, maybe due to it being rev1.0. I will now test this in a...