Search results

1. B

Linux on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M920x Tiny

Sorry for doubleposting but I finally have some good news. I figured out that an Ubuntu 19.10 seems to run. Ubuntu 19.10 ships with Kernel 5.3. When I update to kernel 5.4 the problem occours again. So it seems the hardware does need a kernel 5.3 to run. However ubuntu 19.10 is end of life and...
  2. B

@gb00s Hehe i'll keep trying it. Don't worry about the warranty. Since im dumb, I threw away the original packing so they refuse to take it back anyway. - > Yeah I disabled bluetooth, wifi and thunderbold. What do you mean with Security Chip under TCO and TMP? I didn't find that options. Also...
  3. B

@gb00s I tried with various combination of the BIOS settings you recomended. It really seems like the only trigger for that error is the Multi-Core. Also passing the kernel options via grub don't change anything. Thats really weird, I am about to give up on this. @Jeggs101 The only security...
  4. B

Absolutly no problem @gb00s. I am very gratefull for the effort you put into helping me. 1. Did you set the Turbo to off while Multi-Core is on? -> Yes, here a screen of my current CPU settings: 2. You have the 65W PSU? Any chance you have a 90W or 130W PSU around? From a Thinkpad maybe? ->...
  5. B

No its a brand new product with just original parts. The latest intel-microcode were allready installed sudo dmesg | grep microcode [ 0.906011] microcode: sig=0x906ed, pf=0x2, revision=0xde [ 0.906066] microcode: Microcode Update Driver: v2.2.
  6. B

Yeah, you're right. No, but it the latest BIOS version according to Lenovos support site is installed allready. I've got this one: Prozessor Anzahl Prozessoren 1 x Prozessor-Familie Core i9 9th Gen Prozessortyp Intel Core i9-9900T Prozessor Taktfrequenz 2.10 GHz Max...
  7. B

Sorry for douple posting, I just want to update this with my latest recognitions. So I fiddeled around with my bios settings as requested by @gb00s. To test I used an Arch Linux Live system with Linux kernel 5.10. I turned on and off several settings in various combinations and found out that...
  8. B

@gb00s Yeah I didn't run the windoows for long, but as it run it ran fine. I am gonna play around with the bios settings tomorrow and see If I can find any good combination. I allraedy disabled to "fancy" c-states. I found a bug in the kernel bugtracker that said that high c-satates are a...
  9. B

Thanks for that reply! Sadly the machine ran fine with the pre installed Win10. But I would like to check the hardware anyway. How do you check the CPU? In order to get my warranty i need to have something reproducable :)
  10. B

Hello there. I try to install a Linux on my ThinkCentre M920x Tiny for a few days now. During my google research I saw that post and therefore decided to register on that forum: https://www.servethehome.com/lenovo-thinkcentre-m920x-tiny-review-and-guide/ So whats the problem: When I try to...