Search results

1. M

Cheap 2011 socket motherboard in EU

I am considering upgrading from LGA1366 to LGA2011 because of the low CPU prices. The problem is that I cannot find cheap 2011 motherboards. My main requirement is that it has 8 SATA ports. Does anybody know any Ebay sellers that have ok prices?
  2. M

EU Supermicro 2U Server, X8DTi-F, E5620, rackmount rails

Seems like a pretty good price if you add a RAID controller/HBA to use all the drive slots. Supermicro 2U Server, X8DTi-F, E5620 Quad Core CPU 12Gb RAM, Upgradable
  3. M

Split great deals into EU and NA

The reason for this suggstion is quite simple. I am from Norway (EU) and it's hard to find the deals that are for EU readers (and possibly other continents). Most of your readers are probably from USA/Canada. But I do believe that other people living in EU or somewhere else would prefer if it...
  4. M

Move datastore to new host (ESXi 5.5)

I am migrating to a new server. Now I am trying to find the fastest way to transfer about 400 GB of VM-s to a new host. Any recommended solutions? So far I have a slow solution. Downloading the VM-s using the vSphere Client to my computer and then upload to the new server which is going to take...
  5. M

Fujitsu D2616 IT-mode

I just bought a Primergy RX300 S6. It comes with a D2616 HBA which is based on LSI SAS2108. I want to flash it to IT mode but I am a bit confused on how to do it without bricking the card. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
  6. M

TYAN GT20B7002

Does anybody have experience with this server? I am considering buying one with dual E5520 and 32 GB RAM for 200 GBP. I cannot find anything that is as cheap as this one because of shipping from USA to Norway is expensive. My main concern is the noise because it is a 1U server. I do not have a...