Search results

1. C

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

For general information, I recently bought AC adapters from aliexpress for R730 at a reasonable price. I was not able to find 48V power supply with 1.35mm connector. After some search, I ordered 48V@1A + 5.5/2.5mm plus separate adapters 5.5/2.5mm->3.5/1.35mm. The total price was about 13$ for...
  2. C

SAS SSD or Nmve SSD

Here are mine $0.05 for SAS PM1643a's in IcyDock MB508SP-B of this build, room temperature is about 25° C
  3. C

Am I wrong in thinking an Optane 905p had a power backup ..?

p1600x: Intel® Optane™ SSD P1600X Series (58GB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D XPoint™) - Product Specifications | Intel
  4. C

Threadripper PRO 5000WX idle power consumption

Also, please look here at 16:32 and listen here at >10:10. I.e., it can be mobo-dependent, and ~180W I would assume as a ceiling. I will be not surprised if you will see ~130W on 5955WX and that supermicro motherboard.
  5. C

I do not remember about raid controller exactly, but let me assume that it, RTX 3070 graphics, and optanes were in for that 120W test. BTW, one P5800X should eat about 3.3W at idle, i.e. three of them will drain ~10W. And RTX seems to eat 14W. I just would like to comment that the article...
  6. C

Please see my post for some additional power consumption numbers of 3/5975wx (bottom of the first message).
  7. C

Fun Build aka StorageRipper

The transfers are very unsystematic, sometimes a week of intensive downloads, then several months of working with only locally available data. It is research, so one does not know at the beginning what (and if) will be found and what to do next. The connection is just a gigabit network, 110MB/s...
  8. C

A few weeks ago I have added some modifications to the original system (see also the first post updated with green). Original fan F1 cooling the raid controller was older Noctua model NF-P12. I replaced it with not quite standard NF-S12A PWM. This modification of their mainstream 120mm model...
  9. C

Well, this is totally consistent with my numbers from the first post: ~160W idle with SSD array (~5W per disk), ~310W under IO load (~9.5W per disk, +100% relative to idle or -50% relative to IO load). I use single port mode; under dual-port mode write load will be more intensive, and according...
  10. C

WEPYC ThreadRipper build: FATbild

While planning my build I also worried about those two fans. Later, during system testing I removed top grills (both naked fans can be seen in pictures) and tried to stop each of them with finger. Literally, no difference in system noise while they rotate or stopped. From my personal experience...
  11. C

Performance data added.
  12. C

After few days of testing everything was fine until I started to experience rapid full system shutdowns within the first second of a copy operation or starting IO benchmark. Switching from Win to Linux did not change the situation. It appears that I localized the issue: originally I was powering...
  13. C

In theory, yes but in practice fan F1 needs to be moved somewhere most likely, and probably some other cooling solution for both controllers needs to be implemented. Also, 2nd controller can be installed vertically, next to supercapacitor. Or GPU moved to vertical position, replaced by 2nd...
  14. C

Some benchmarks. Done using fio-3.30-51-gb5f3 under ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS with ext4 file system. Kernel was upgraded to some 5.8.18-050818-lowlatency, otherwise in several tests maximum of 300k IOPs were obtained instead of 2M. Fixed fio flags for all tests: --ioengine=io_uring --iodepth=32...
  15. C

Dear STH community, let me introduce my Fun Build also known as Storage (and wallet :D) Ripper. Build’s Name: Fun Build aka StorageRipper Operating System: Windows 10 LTSC :D Chassis: Fractal Design 7 XL, seems to be pretty popular choice for TR Pro builds CPU: ThreadRipper Pro 3975WX -> 5975WX...