Search results

1. K

VMWare ESXI - Ubuntu Server 20.04.03 with RTX3070 - GPU Passthrough broken

I tried that but I set the advanced configuration items from the start. Not sure if that has an impact. I was about able to get a Debian VM going yesterday though. I used their `nvidia-driver` package which uses driver 460.91.03. I may test changing the order as you mentioned but I am happy to...
  2. K

VMWare ESXI - Ubuntu Server 20.04.03 with RTX3070 - GPU Passthrough broken

I have an EPYC/Supermicro server build with the below specs running ESXi 7.0 U2 and have been using GPU pass through to provide a 3070 to my Ubuntu Server VM. This has worked flawlessly for about 6 months until a few days ago when the GPU spontaneously is no longer recognized by the Nvidia...
  3. K

Heatsink for 4U EPYC Build - Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3 vs. Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4

Thanks I'll keep an eye on that. So far they stay right around 65C max so that doesn't sound too bad. Then again I haven't been working them all that hard...yet.
  4. K

That's great I appreciate the feedback. I think I'll keep it since after all, it is working quite well. I'll figure something else out down the road if needed but very much enjoying the quiet fans now that the 80mm originals are gone!
  5. K

Thanks. I saw you in the other thread (accidentally sent you four!). They just don't seem to be as available right now in the US so I bought a used 7252 to hold me off. Definitely not a bad idea about the GPU at least while I don't have the other slots filled. The cooler itself does seem really...
  6. K

Build’s Name: Supermicro 4U EPYC Build Operating System/ Storage Platform: VMware esxi CPU: EPYC 7252 (will be upgrading to Milan 7313P eventually) Motherboard: Supermicro H12SSL-CT Chassis: Supermicro 4U CSE-846 Drives: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 2TB NVME, 6x 18TB Western Digital White Label...
  7. K

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Looks like ShopBLT's ETA on the 7313P shifted back to 8/24...
  8. K

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Do they honor the prior price since you preordered or are you stuck with the new price? I'm in the same boat and went ahead and bought a 7252 on eBay to hold me over. Trying to decide which vendor is best to go through for the US.