Search results

1. D

ASRock Rack ROME8D-2T no post "00" with naples 7551p

System needs to be powered on for IPMI to work. Before updating the bios, the machine wouldn't "do" anything with the 7551p installed, no post screen logo. but i could find the IP of the IPMI on my network. IPMI take a little bit of time to start on boot. Once the IPMI is started i could log...
  2. D

I don't login that often sorry for the slow reply, you have probably solved your problem one way or the other by now. I'll throw down so other details about the BMC updates that helped me with this configuration. My hazy recall from a year ago about the BIOS update was that it would flash 00 at...
  3. D

Asrock wont support EPYC Milan on the EPYCD8/EPYCD8-2T

This doesn't help the op, but I can confirm that the ROME8D-2T will work with a 7001 cpu with the 1.1 bios. I'm planning on upgrading the CPU next year, but for now a 7551p does the job for me.
  4. D

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Hello, I have recieved the 5 drives i ordered after about a month. Based on the cost I'm alright with what i received. Currently badblocking drives, here are some key stats from smartctl that some of you may be interested in Drives manufacturing dates 2 x 2016 3 x 2015 Power on time 1 x...
  5. D

Just an update for anyone who finds this later, downgraded the bios to 1.1 and machine boots no problem. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
  6. D

The board is on bios 1.3, i did wonder if the bios might need to be reverted to an earlier version. Have sent a message ASRock so we'll see what they have to say.
  7. D

It does say that now since milan's release (used to say 7001 and 7002) but the 7551p is still listed as a supported CPU
  8. D

Hello all, Just built a new server based on a ROME8D-2T and a 7551p I've spent the weekend trying to get this computer to post with no luck, always shows a "00" code, I've built a number of computers over the years but this is the first server I've built from scratch, I'm hoping you can point...
  9. D

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Not sure if anyone is interested but these drives are back in stock at $90.00 https://bitdeals.tech/collections/2021-deals/products/hgst-ultrastar-8tb-he8-huh728080al5200
  10. D

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

Well it seems like the few Milan CPU's that are making it to retail channels are getting snapped up. There also seems to be a shortage of ROMED8-2T motherboards (out of stock most places) I wonder if the ROMED8-2T's have been getting bought up since it's one of the more available boards at...
  11. D

EPYC 7001 in a ASUS KRPA-U16?

Hello, Been lurking for awhile hope someone can help with this. I have been hunting for a EPYC single socket board with 16 DIMM slots and the only one I can find that is actually available for purchase is an ASUS KRPA-U16. I already have a 7551P that I would like to use so my question has...