Search results

1. B

How to debug OpenVPN platform-specific connection issues

My previous experience with VPN configuration has been configuring OpenVPN in a proprietary interface for a home router and I am now testing out a pfSense setup. I have things configured the way I want - with a VPN pushing through from WAN to LAN - port forwarding and everything. Server...
  2. B

Small office network planning in WFH land

Very interesting. You have clearly saved me a ton of time and maintenance effort with this direction vs. my original naive approach. Thanks a bunch! I’ll be booting up a single pfSense VM with the network adapter directly forwarded and get going on that VLAN+VPN structure :)
  3. B

Very interesting. This is literally a naive replication and extrapolation of what we are running with individual routers so I am not at all surprise that it does not pass basic review :) But you're saying that while this setup is indeed possible, more importantly it can be done with a single...
  4. B

Thank you for your response! Some colleagues with the need are indeed running VDI with great results :) The multiple NAT/VPNs are supposed to provide separate access to a limited subsection of the network for third party collaborators like freelancers and partner companies. The VMs on those...
  5. B

Not quite sure if this is the right section to post this in - I failed to locate posting guidelines in the forum. Please redirect if I am off course here. We are a small media company adjusting to a primarily WFH reality and with the powers that be deciding to make this change permanent...