Search results

1. B

Adding to the KB: Fun with Supermicro IPMI & pfsense

I spent quite a while here over the last 24 hours trying to figure out what was causing my brandy new pfsense build to drop it's WAN connection and go offline, unable to recover. I figured I'd drop a post that may help someone else from chasing their tail. My Supermicro board has 5x LAN ports...
  2. B

[WTB (US)] - Dell 65w \ 90w \ 130w power adapters

I picked up a few Optiplex Micro's in a bulk deal, but unfortunately no power adapters came with them. Ideally I'm looking for some 90w/ 130w units as some of these may get upgraded to 65w CPU's. I will need the smaller 4.5mm tip version. I have some of the 7.4mm > 4.5mm adapters, but it...
  3. B

School me on PCI-E bus speeds, GT/s, etc (X520 question inside!)

While laying out a new system, it's come to my realization that I don't have as much of an understanding on PCI-E bandwidth as I thought I did. I'm looking at a Z690 based motherboard to build a new machine off of. It has 1 x16 PCIe 5.0, 2 x16 PCIe 3.0 and 1 x1 PCIe 3.0 slots (the x1 is not...
  4. B

[FS/FT] HPE DL80 G9 / Mobo-CPU combos / small drives / random bits

Hey all! I've kind of come to the realization that A) I'm kind of a hoarder (this group doesn't help that!) B) I tend to have too many projects going on to get everything that I want to get done, done. So, it's time to purge some things and consolidate. All systems or mobo/cpu/RAM combos have...
  5. B

Half height HBA with 16 or more ports?

Hey all. I'm putting a new Unraid box together and I've made some changed along the way that has compounded some things for me. The new build is based off of a i5 12600K. Unfortunately due to consumer motherboard limitations, I'm stuck with only two PCI 4.0 x16 slots and a PCI 5.0 x16 slot...
  6. B

WTB: RAILS! Looking for APC 2u rails, HP DL80/380 G9 rails, EMC STL-KTN3 rails and Supermicro SC822 rails

If you hadn't guessed by the title, I'm looking for some rails.. I have a SMT2200RM2U that needs rails and ears. It has the rear "squares" on it, but no ears. It looks like the standard 0M-756H rails will do for this. I could actually use two sets of these. A set of inner and outer rails for...
  7. B

GOT IT!

As the title says, i'm in the need for a HBA with external ports. Low profile bracket is required. IT mode as it will be running a DS2246 and a DS4246. I'm also in the need of a QSFP SFF-8436 to mini SAS SFF-8088 cable for above setup. Thanks!