Search results

1. archmagos

SOLD: Supermicro SYS-5018A-TN4 (A1SAi-2750F) + Extras - $400 + Shipping

Money received into paypal escrow - so assume this is sold. If that doesn't work out, I will update the thread.
  2. archmagos

SOLD: Supermicro SYS-5018A-TN4 (A1SAi-2750F) + Extras - $400 + Shipping

Finally getting around to selling this. I'm sure everyone is pretty familiar with this system. It was my main home server for near three years and would be an excellent NAS or home router: Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 1U | 5018A-TN4 Importantly, I had it sent to Supermicro already...
  3. archmagos

Supermicro PMBus Extension Cable?

I never found one for sale -- I ended up replacing the power distribution board (which was on the list anyway) and that fortunately had a longer PMBUS cable (which effectively solved my problem).
  4. archmagos

WTB: Internal LTO4 Drive

bumping again -- still looking -- would rather buy here than through ebay if possible
  5. archmagos

bump - no one? Happy to pay for shipping of course
  6. archmagos

Would also be interested in some spare drives and a cleaning tape. I'm in the Seattle area if you're local
  7. archmagos

FreeNAS Corral Canned – Development Essentially Halted for Now

I switched about a year ago from a two system setup (pfsense + VMs on ESXi) and standalone Freenas to a converged Ubuntu server setup with KVM and ZoL. This has been working quite well and am now looking at docker/LXD to thin down the VM resource usage and minimise the modifications made to the...
  8. archmagos

If you were curious what these looked like: 5-pin 4-cable connector on SuperMicro server PSU? I assume something like this would work but it really seems like overkill for something that needs to be just 15cm to 20cm longer (plus it is only 4 pin, where the PMBus cable is 5-pin with 1 cable...
  9. archmagos

4TB SAS Drives

Ended up going with these 4TB SAS drives new for the 5 year warranty from a better seller -- pretty happy so far: HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALS640 4 TB 3.5-Inch
  10. archmagos

I was wondering if anyone had come across one of these before? I have an a1SAi-2750F motherboard mounted in a Supermicro 826 chassis and the PMBus cable (from the power distribution board) is too short to reach the JPI2C1 header on the motherboard. I assume I could always make my own by...
  11. archmagos

4TB SAS Drives

Hi All I'm looking purchasing these HGST 4TB SAS drives on amazon used (currently ~$105): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EU6JDAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FSXTMHQP0089 It seems that there are some Seagate ones that are slightly cheaper. Anyone had experience with...
  12. archmagos

MCP-290-00053-0N SUPERMICRO RACKMOUNT COMPLETE RAIL KIT

Thanks -- been looking for these for a while
  13. archmagos

Supermicro SC826A ($165 + Shipping)

Hi Guys Was in the market for one of these and convinced garlandcomputer to put 10 of them up on ebay: Supermicro 2U Server X8DTN+ Barebones __ Add CPU/Ram/HD Similar to an older deal they did before, but with the SC826A backplane (yes, I prefer this over the expander one).
  14. archmagos

CSE-836TQ (Compellent variant)

Anyone know what backplane is typically fitted and what the connectivity is to the motherboard?
  15. archmagos

WTB - 2U Rackmount Chassis with SAS/SATA (3.5 Drives)

Won't take a genius to figure out that Supermicro chassis are a pretty good fit for this list, but let me know what you guys have and how much shipped to Seattle, WA (or if available for pickup if local). Something like a Supermicro SC829, 827, 826 or 825 would fit the bill pretty well...
  16. archmagos

Telcos are now turning to the Open Compute Platform

Has anyone looked into OpenSwitch: OpenSwitch Could hold some promise if your switch supports an ONIE environment.
  17. archmagos

FS: TrippLite metered PDUMH15 - $60

Damn - that's the one I want too :) GLWS (as in, yes - this is worth the time for someone to buy)