Search results

1. F

Linkreal PCIe x8 to 4 Port M.2 M Key NVMe SSD Adapter with PLX 8725 Support 22110mm-LRNV9524-4I

Hi All, Any one tried one of these cards with PLX chips? I have one x8 PCIe slot available in my Dell R720. So I was thinking to get one of these cards, slap 4 x nvme's on it. Create a fast pool in my TrueNas. Cheers. Here is the link...
  2. F

4 x NVME on a card for Dell R720

Hi, I have been using a Rivo card with 1 x NVME in my Dell R720 server. Now I have accumulated 3 more and they're just laying around. I was thinking to install 4 x NVME on a similar card but then Dell R720 doesn't support bifurcation. Any recommendations?? Thanks
  3. F

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

long shot, not sure if you'd see it but do you have the cam control command pls? I have HUC101818CS4205 SSD's with type 2 protection on. I am getting Access denied when trying to format using sg_format.
  4. F

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Hi, I have the same issue of type 2 protection, which commands you ran? Would appreciate if you could elaborate on this pls. Many thanks
  5. F

SAS 9300-8i IT mode

Hi All, I own a SAS 9300-8i card from Broadcom Are there any clear instructions on how to flash it to IT mode? Thanks
  6. F

LSI 9300-8i flashing?

Hi, were you able to flash the card to IT mode? I got a new card in the IR mode and there are no definitive guides on how to flash it to IT mode. thanks
  7. F

Install additional RAID Controller for TrueNas Dell R720

Hi, I already have a built-in H310 mini controller that came with the Dell R720 server. It was flashed in IT mode and working as expected. Now I wish to install TrueNas VM using proxmox and I can't pass this as is because I have my SSDs connected to it as well which form the ZFS pool for VMs...
  8. F

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

Sorry, I found the issue! I had connected all SSDs and HDDs to the same H310 mini (in flashed IT mode). When I was doing the PCI passthrough to the TrueNas VM (via proxmox). It would hang. I think I will need to install an additional HBA and connect one backplane to it and pass it to the...
  9. F

drives disappeared after reboot dell r720

Hi All, I am running proxmox and got new HGST SAS drives. When I installed them (hot swap), they appeared in the disks. I then rebooted and everything disappeared. I have H310 mini in IT mode. Anyone has any idea what to do next? Cheers,
  10. F

Do I need to upgrade PSU from 750W to 1100W in Dell R720

Hi All, I recently bought a dell R720 with a single 750W PSU. It came with a DVD and 6 spinning drives and 96 GB RAM. I then replaced the DVD with an SSD (Using SSD caddy) and ordered: 1. A pair of Intel XEOM E5-2650 v2 processors 2. 16GB DDR3 PC3 ECC RAM x 4 (Total RAM would be 64 + 96 = 160...
  11. F

Booting off of H310 Mini Mono in IT mode

Hi, Does any one know why wouldn't I see the Ctrl-C option at the boot just like @BLinux show here? I also have the H310 Mini Mono card and flashed it using the @fohdeesha guide. Cheers,
  12. F

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

ok, even though it doesnt show up at the startup anymore... its working fine... cheers
  13. F

Hi again @fohdeesha Just rebooted the system and went into the system settings (BIOS F2). when I open up the Device Settings. I can no longer see my controller. Is this normal? How do I see if it's really in the IT mode and make sure all my drives are not in raid mode. However, in the OS it...
  14. F

Flashing H310 Mini to HBA IT Mode

thanks... all went fine....
  15. F

Hi, Just logged into say massive thank you to @fohdeesha for creating a n00b proof guide for flashing H310 mini. I followed your guide. It failed the first time for whatever reason, but then had to reboot and try again and all went great! Massive thank you for your help and efforts! Cheers,
  16. F

Flashing H310 Mini to HBA IT Mode

Hi Guys! This is my very first post so pls be gentle :) I bought my first server R720 for Homelab and it came with H310 Mini card. I have been reading a lot and different people have different experience flashing it. I have been watching @BLinux excellent YouTube videos but he doesn't show any...