Search results

1. R

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

Same story, same reasoning as myself that I posted in this thread a couple weeks ago. WZ's stock status is a joke, and if they're just having SM drop ship, you might as well order directly from SM.
  2. R

I just had my first experience with Wired Zone and it didn't go well. Their website was showing the Hynix ECC RAM in stock. I ordered 2. Email order confirmation that came 5 mins later said Drop Ship. About an hour later, their website then shows the RAM as not in stock - drop ship. I...
  3. R

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

I guess where I'm confused is I'm not running a GPU AIC, only using the iGPU, but am running an LSI HBA and Mellanox NIC which do draw some power. Not sure where the line is wattage-wise where this 4th power connector on the MB is needed. I did find an 8-pin CPU power to 6-pin PCIe adapter -...
  4. R

For the guys with the ASUS w680-ACE board, have you figured out the deal with the 6-pin power input connector on the MB? All I see in the manual is this: So I'm ASSuming that the 24-pin, 8-pin, 4-pin power connectors provide some power to the PCIe slots, but not enough for some power hungry...
  5. R

Did you guys notice that stores have now swapped the price of the non-IPMI and IPMI ASUS boards? Looks like the non-IPMI is $329 and IPMI is $400. Good for us that got in early, I guess.
  6. R

I have plans, but am weeks off from being able to work on this. I'll report back what I find. I'd likely plan to disable the e-cores as I doubt VMware has spent any time on handling Intel's big.little architecture. Another question for ESXi is being able to passthrough the iGPU for 13th gen...
  7. R

Thanks for the update. Would you mind providing a direct link to exactly what you bought? I'm seeing a lot of "hynix HMCG88MEBEA" offerings but many places leave off the last 4 numbers of the model #.
  8. R

Has anyone on the forum tested the ASUS w680 MB with the Crucial sticks yet? At least with the Hynix sticks, people are seeing single bit ECC reported...vs. none with non-ECC sticks. The SM store has the Hynix sticks in stock as well.
  9. R

So, good news, my Asus w680-ACE IPMI just got delivered by FedEx. Bad News - sounds like the ECC story line drama is still going. The Innodisk sticks aren't available, so I may just risk it and grab the Hynix and hope for the best. Not sure what other alternative there is.
  10. R

So we're concluding that the SM Hynix ECC RAM doesn't work with the ASUS W680-ACE if you need ECC? Is that a fair assessment?
  11. R

Scale or Core? I'm planning Scale myself - same MB and RAM.
  12. R

Thanks for the report! How would you say the initial build quality of the ASUS board looks compared to the SM? And I assume the 13700K worked out of the box - no BIOS update or other pre-reqs? Good to hear - I have the same CPU.
  13. R

OK - peer pressure won out. :) I just ordered one from Provantage as well. 5 left in stock now. If you guys with the Hynix ECC RAM can pls report back compatibility with the ASUS MB ASARP, would be appreciated, as I can't find anyone who stocks the 32GB ECC Innodisk sticks... and the 16GB...
  14. R

Can I ask where you ordered from?
  15. R

Strange I can't even order today on B&H - they removed the option. B&H chat said they expect stock on Feb 9th. I guess the upside is I can see if the Hynix SM ECC UDIMMs work on the W680-ACE before ordering.
  16. R

Yea, I'm on the fence of whether I should place an order on B&H now or wait for the In Stock status to change, or become available at another reputable reseller.
  17. R

I'm seeing the ASUS W680-ACE board listed as in stock at a few non-authorized online resellers including Provantage. Guessing they're all affiliated as they are reporting the exact same number in stock across several websites. Holding out for something more legit.
  18. R

As I've yet to see an Asus W680-Ace for sale anywhere, I highly doubt anyone here has one to test on.
  19. R

I'm searching daily, and yes, it seems most retailers are listing the non-IPMI at a higher price than the IPMI. Not sure why, or if that price will hold.
  20. R

FYI: Looks like LDLC in Europe has the ASUS W680 board in stock. https://www.ldlc.com/en/product/PB00534677.html