Search results

1. A

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

I would also be interested in the latest firmware if anyone is feeling generous :)
  2. A

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Just checked out those Lenovos and I think I'd probably agree ^
  3. A

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Heads up - these are currently up on Woot.com (daily "deal" site now owned by Amazon) for $92 and up, depending on config. Link to cheapest option Link to other options Edit: I didn't buy one of these, but saw them posted for a similar price to the thread on here and thought I'd leave a link...
  4. A

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Sorry, I should have included @Kamilion in my comment (or used the “reply” feature ha!) - I meant to reply to their comment from earlier in this thread.
  5. A

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Hey, thanks for the info dump! Have you listed these yet? I'd be interested in a couple at a typical STH Deals™ price point.
  6. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Is there a Brocade command to revert to automatic fan control after manually setting the fan speed on a switch? Asking for a friend... *I have a Quanta LB6M that's been flashed with Brocade TurboIron FW and my query wasn't getting any attention in the associated thread, so I thought I'd ask here.
  7. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Is there a way to revert to automatic fan speed control on a Brocade-flashed LB6M (after you've manually set a fan-speed)? I've consulted the "Brokeaid" guide, Brocade's TurboIron 24X docs and, of course, le Google, but I'm not finding the relevant commands. I can change/set the 3 fan speed...
  8. A

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Thanks, that gives me something to look for. I haven't bought a mobo yet, so I do have some flexibility there.
  9. A

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Has anyone converted one of these to accept full-height PCIe cards?
  10. A

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

For those who got in on this deal - what motherboards are you using? Sticking with Supermicro or opting for something different?
  11. A

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

I bought them from Provantage. $99.72 out the door, including tax + shipping. Looks like they only have a couple left in stock right now, but maybe someone here can save a few bucks.
  12. A

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Looking at the Supermicro product info page for this chassis (SC826BAC4-R920WB | 2U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.), it looks like the caddies it takes are P/N: MCP-220-00075-0B. It might also take other (older) models, but I don't have the experience with Supermicro gear to...
  13. A

@FozzieBear Do you mind sharing how you tapped into the 12v? I have the same setup, and am trying to get the fan I attached to the ASIC working happily with the others, but am not sure how to go about powering it.
  14. A

Thanks! What's the best way to tap into the 12v power?
  15. A

Thanks, that actually works pretty well! How did you connect the ASIC fan?
  16. A

Dell R730xd with PCIe Extender for U.2 NVMe

I would also be interested in knowing the answer to this ^
  17. A

Would you mind sharing how you secured the 3rd fan on top of the ASIC heatsink? I'm looking to do something similar, but am unsure of the best way to more forward.
  18. A

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

I just commented on this in another thread yesterday... I do this using the GNU Parallel shell utility. It looks like: user@ubuntu-server:~$ sudo parallel sg_format -v --format --size=512 /dev/sd{} ::: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
  19. A

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

An easier way to run these jobs in parallel is to simply use GNU Parallel shell utility (GNU Parallel - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation). That's what I've used to reformat drives en masse. An example command to reformat 12 disks with 520-byte sectors might look like...
  20. A

Dell R720xd backplane question

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the update!