Search results

1. P

should I buy a Lenovo ThinkServer RD540?

Hi, looking for a rackmount server to replace my whitebox supermicro and my local recycler has a bunch of these and will let them go for about 100 a piece. Was wondering if anyone has run any of these in their homelab and has more info on them? Things I'm interested in are: Issues with...
  2. P

supermicro cse-847 with superQuiet power supplies 36bay 4u chassis $399

Shipping (and duties) is way to high for me (outside US). But this seems like a great deal for a nas build. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-CSE-847E16-R1K28LPB-4U-Server-Chassis-2x1280W-36-Bay-SAS2-846EL1-RAIL/154336263843?hash=item23ef287ea3:g:KrkAAOSw0ntch~S-
  3. P

repairing bad poe board - icx6450-48p

Hi so I recently ordered the switch but it came with a bad poe board. after visual inspection I can see that one of the ICs has a hole burnt through it. I was thinking of maybe ordering replacement ICs from china and replacing them for pretty cheap. Well I'm actually going to bring the board and...
  4. P

[WTB] icx6450-48p or 24p

Tried ordering one one ebay and got scammed by the seller (sent me a broken switch and not replying to messages). Thought I'd try the community here instead because at least the switch will be tested lol. I'm also local to Toronto so if anyone has one here I would be happy to meet up.
  5. P

power consumption of single cpu x9 supermicro

Hi I'm looking to pick up an x9srw-f for a pfsense box/ maybe a second to replace my dual x5670 whitebox (x8dtl-3f). Anyone running something like this and have an idea of what idle/load power consumption I can expect from these?