Search results

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have a 6450-48p with a dead POE module. Decided to pull the module completely because I had issues with ports randomly going down and back up again... After doing so, the fan speed is stuck at 100%. How do I remove the POE firmware so the switch thinks its a non-poe?
  2. P

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Should I get this or an optiplex 3040 (micro) for a little server node to put at a friends house. Going to be right next to his couch in the living room so I like how the 5070 is fanless... Costs a bit more when I factor in the m.2 ssd and another 4 gigs of ddr4... does anyone know how silent a...
  3. P

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

anyone able to get freenas/truenas running on one of these?
  4. P

should I buy a Lenovo ThinkServer RD540?

Hi, looking for a rackmount server to replace my whitebox supermicro and my local recycler has a bunch of these and will let them go for about 100 a piece. Was wondering if anyone has run any of these in their homelab and has more info on them? Things I'm interested in are: Issues with...
  5. P

supermicro cse-847 with superQuiet power supplies 36bay 4u chassis $399

Shipping (and duties) is way to high for me (outside US). But this seems like a great deal for a nas build. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-CSE-847E16-R1K28LPB-4U-Server-Chassis-2x1280W-36-Bay-SAS2-846EL1-RAIL/154336263843?hash=item23ef287ea3:g:KrkAAOSw0ntch~S-
  6. P

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Are you talking about removing region lock? If so yes it should be possible. If anything you can set a new region lock to your current region (way easier) see this article: Remove Country Lock from any pre-2020 model Ruckus AP
  7. P

Honestly I've ran a mixed wireless environment forever but always had issues with handoff and other annoyances. I'd get one r500 (super cheap) test it out and if you find it performs better then just sell all the ubiquiti aps. Switches don't matter unless you're getting newer models that support...
  8. P

repairing bad poe board - icx6450-48p

Yea I'll probably replace all of them each chip does poe for 12 of the ports and there's 4 of them on the board. The rest of the board seems fine. I know that with the board removed the switch works fine and thinks it's a non POE version. I figure it might be worth a shot because it seems that...
  9. P

repairing bad poe board - icx6450-48p

Hi so I recently ordered the switch but it came with a bad poe board. after visual inspection I can see that one of the ICs has a hole burnt through it. I was thinking of maybe ordering replacement ICs from china and replacing them for pretty cheap. Well I'm actually going to bring the board and...
  10. P

WTB: Brocade ICX6450-48P

Can you ship to canada? I'll be willing to pay $100 + shipping. let me know.
  11. P

[WTB] icx6450-48p or 24p

Tried ordering one one ebay and got scammed by the seller (sent me a broken switch and not replying to messages). Thought I'd try the community here instead because at least the switch will be tested lol. I'm also local to Toronto so if anyone has one here I would be happy to meet up.
  12. P

ordered 6450p on ebay from this seller: didionorf on eBay Unit was shipped in a completely empty box without any packaging material inside... Switch took a beating for sure on its way here and the box was all crushed. Unit was clearly untested and had a failed POE board: edit: contacting...
  13. P

If anyone is ordering ruckus APs on ebay they may be region locked. I ordered a r500 that was region locked to the US. Thankfully it is possible to unlock: https://ms264556.github.io/Hackery/pages/RuckusCountryCodeChange.html Sharing this in case anyone else runs into this issue.
  14. P

How about these ones: MF40201VX-1000U-G99 Sunon Fans | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey
  15. P

Where did I say I wanted to put it in my living room? I saw that fan mentioned earlier in this thread and someone said it works good. I'll check out the fans you mentioned. Thanks :) Do you happen to know how many db those fans put out?
  16. P

Ended up picking up these: MF40101VX-1000U-G99 Sunon Fans | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey Do you think these will work out ok? Not planning on using much of the poe budget and really won't be loading the switch too much.
  17. P

What fan replacement are you guys using for the icx 6450? has anyone tried these: Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX, Premium Quiet Fan, 3-Pin (40x10mm, Brown): Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets Edit: ended up purchasing these from digikey: MF40101VX-1000U-G99 Sunon Fans | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey I...
  18. P

power consumption of single cpu x9 supermicro

thinking of getting one of these: Barracuda 410 3-port Gigabit 1u Rackmount pfSense Firewall Intel Pentium G850 for sale online | eBay I can pick one up locally for $150
  19. P

so I decided to pick it up anyways (the person I got it has an excellent return policy). It came with an e5-2609 and 16gb of ram (4x4gb). When I hook it up to the kill-a-watt I get 36 watts idle and 50 watts max. I think if I swap out the cpu with something lower tdp (one of the v2s) and maybe...
  20. P

Hi was wondering what draw is with the cpu you got installed? Honestly it's just because I can get it for really cheap $100CAD. Just gunna put one stick of ram and one of the slower 4c/4t CPUs inside. Thanks I'll look into that. Was mainly looking at this because I can get it fully loaded for $100