Search results

1. J

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

Do anyone has firmware for HUS724040ALE64DB or HUS724040ALE640 which should be the generic for NETAPP X477_HMKPX04TA07 NA00? MJAOA3B0
  2. J

WD RED drives and small file server w/ ZFS

you can also try to find some 4TB EFRX, a few months ago I was still able to find them on amazon but am not sure.
  3. J

SMART data with DS4486 and HGST NetApp branded drives

yep that's exactly the trays I have. I didn't try different drives, I will now tho. Also non branded netapp drives don't show SMART data. At this point I believe that it's an issue with the trays. Do anyone have some experience with this? FreeNAS is reporrting the pool as degraded because it...
  4. J

Is there a way to remove the interposed from the caddy? Didn’t look like that.
  5. J

TrueNAS native vs TrueNAS under Proxmox

As other have said I have FreeNAS virtualized in order to keep it "clean", and to have the ability of going back to an older snapshot of the VM if I screw up something, as well as being able to "port" the machine to another server should I ever need it. I recently got a T730 to use as a pfSense...
  6. J

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum though I am an user on r/homelab and r/datahoarder and a watcher of the STH youtume channel. Recently I set up a freenas server connected to a NetApp DS4486 disk shelf and partially filled it with 4TB HGST drives (NetApp branded, already 512bytes sectors). The...