Search results

1. D

BackBlaze B2 real life stories

I'm currently using B2 for duplicity (Linux NAS backups of "append only" data like photos) and Arq (Windows and macOS), storing ~1.5TB, costing around $8 a month. I've been pretty happy with it, but I'm considering alternatives due to their poor security practices around allowing their marketing...
  2. D

Secure Access to Nextcloud

I've been keeping my eye on https://boringproxy.io for this type of setup, but it doesn't support websockets so it won't work with Home Assistant. Curious if anyone has experience with similar systems that do support websockets. The closest I've seen is Caddy, as Traefik is a little too tied to...
  3. D

Snaps are broken after restarting ubuntu 20.04 on zfs

I just did an install inside a VM using the desktop installer, with the zfs option enabled. Snaps are working fine after reboots - in fact, gnome itself is installed via snap. I was also able to install lxd and skype as well. I wonder if the tmpfs mount for /run/snapd is a problem? $ mount |...
  4. D

Snaps are broken after restarting ubuntu 20.04 on zfs

I'm in the middle of rebuilding a server myself and my plan was to migrate my existing lxd containers to a zfs-on-root setup. Of course, lxd highly recommends using snap to install it. Thanks for calling this out, as I'd be sure to hit this at the worst point. I'm kind of amazed that snaps...
  5. D

Recursive encrypted zfs send / recv with snapshots

Thank you for confirming that! I created a new recursive snapshot, but it's still a little tricky. It seems like it's not ordering the stream so any clone origins are sent first, causing sends to error out. For example, lxc containers are cloned from an image dataset, and I'm having to manually...
  6. D

Recursive encrypted zfs send / recv with snapshots

I currently have datasets for lxd and kvm VMs on one zfs pool that I'd like to migrate to another. Both the source and destination pools use zfs's encryption, though they have different keys. My end goal is to: Replicate all existing snapshots, mostly created with zfs-auto-snapshot. Preserve...