Search results

1. S

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

Does anyone know what the correct cpu socket cover/cap is for the X10QBI. I've tried a bunch of 2011-0 to 2011-3 covers, none seem to fit?
  2. S

My X10QBI does not recognize my RTX 4090 GPU. Tried different cables, adapters, external power, cleared cmos, tried fresh installs of Linux Ubuntu , Windows Server 2022, and Windows 10 for Workstations. Uninstalled driver with DDU in safe mode and reinstalled latest Nvidia drivers. The card...
  3. S

Yes, the PDB is located below the motherboard, right behind and at the same compartment level as the Power Supplies. The connectors will face you.
  4. S

There are eight GPU connectors on the Power Distributor Board.
  5. S

Wow, very cool! Good reading!
  6. S

I know your pain :) I did have to do it as well. Check this out
  7. S

Supermicro X10QBi Hangs when trying to enter Setup (Solved)

SOLVED - Yes, it took that long to figure it out. Until now I just got kinda got used to it. The Intel Optane NVMe prevented me from entering the BIOS setup! I recently needed to replace my Intel 900P Optane drive as it's life expectancy went down to 25%. I have replaced it with a standard...
  8. S

Thanks so much for all your input! OK, I will try Geekbench and if I don't see a reasonable improvement I will clear my CMOS and set up the BIOS again just to make sure. I will post my result. What an adventure :)
  9. S

I ran Passmark performance test, improvement was negligible. Shouldn't CPUz also show a higher frequency under the Memory tab? How do I verify the memory speed? What are you using? Thanks
  10. S

I have set it to 2:1 in the BIOS but it seems to have no impact.
  11. S

I have been through the posts multiple times but still can't figure out on the exact Lockstep settings to double (or significantly improve) the memory speed. I am running four Intel Xeon E7-8891 v3 procs. I have populated all blue slots in all 8 MemCards (Rev 1.01) with Samsung (32x8GB)...
  12. S

Supermicro X10QBi NVMe speeds (Solved)

Yes, I went into Advanced Power Management Configuration and under Power Technology, I selected Disable. I am going to play around with P-states some more after I learn more about it.
  13. S

SOLVED. Indeed turning off energy savings features in the BIOS was the solution! All my drives working now close to the speed they should. AS SSD Benchmark tool reports a bit less than CrystalDiskMark but that is to be expected. Thanks so much to everyone helping me out on that issue!
  14. S

Good idea! Never thought of it that this could be an issue, I will get on it tonight.
  15. S

I tried all of them. Currently using Slot 6, PCIe x8 and shows as linked x4 v3 in Bios.
  16. S

Supermicro X10QBi Hangs when trying to enter Setup (Solved)

New Panasonic CMOS battery which I measured before installing, Sensor Readings are all good and in the green (SuperDoctor). All GPU's are verified working with original cables (also tried differnt cards (Nvidia & AMD, older and current). Yes, all my NVMe's are working. Watchdog disabled (tried...
  17. S

Tested the drives again in a Supermicro X9DAi (same OS, Server 2012R2) and they work fast as intended. Now I have spent another 3 hrs configuring the X10QBi Bios. Link speed checked, link bandwith correctly detected, all show up as trained. Booted fine, benchmarks ran, but no sucess at all...
  18. S

This board supports both cpu families. Depending on the type of memory risers installed v1.x supports DDR3 and memory risers v2.x supports DDR4. Not officially supported is a Xeon v3 with memory risers of type 1.x, but I have successfully used it in that configuration.