Search results

1. R

HP S6500 and SL230s Gen8 - CRAZY deal

Ok, I got one without the rails for 599..figure I can pick up rails if it doesnt come with them.
  2. R

HP S6500 and SL230s Gen8 - CRAZY deal

Had it in my cart and he jacked it to $699.
  3. R

FS: 8 sticks of 16 GB DDR4 ECC Reg memory

Can you please post the specific model number of the ram? I want to see if its on my servers compatibility list.
  4. R

Supermicro 3u 16bay 3.5" chassis with SAS2 expander

you're talking this unit? Supermicro SC846E16 R1200B X8DTE F BAREBONES 24 Bay 4U Server | eBay That should have 2 1200watt PSUs, the seller lists 900watt units which might mean the fans are louder, it doesnt include rails..if it's like my sc836 then rails are required unless you put it on a shelf.
  5. R

They're making it right by replacing the inner rails as well as sending me the 2 fans and air shroud. I'm pretty happy with that outcome.
  6. R

I ordered one and got it today. outer rails were mounted on the server during shipment and were all bent up making it impossible to mount on the rails. I've got a message into them. Did your units come with a fan shield and rear fans? mine didnt. thanks! -Jim
  7. R

Ok, question on these..how much power will it draw just doing nothing? I understand it doesnt include anything related to the actual server and its just the Power Supply, back planes, fans, etc. The dual 1200watts power supplies just freaks me out thinking it will drain a lot of power by itself...