Search results

1. C

liteon m.2 sata 128GB for $8 shipped

see-ing lite-on m.2 sata 128GB for $8: LITE ON Technology Corp 128GB SSD CV3-8D128 | eBay This is ok-ish price for sata boot drive. <updated> still one available for $8 shipped, LITE ON Technology Corp 128GB SSD CV3-8D128 | eBay and $10 shipped : LITE ON Technology Corp 128GB SSD...
  2. C

cylinder light workstation (or router/firewall) with 3D printer

I finish this "fun" project to learn 3d printing and simple 3d editting. all 3d model are from thingverse site, and I slightly edited for my own purposes. without further "words" since pics will talk more than "words" Imgur (all pics, just put 2 pics on this thread) cy
  3. C

does anyone have startech 12U quite server cabinet?

I browsed on Amazon and see interesting on " Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" Amazon.com: StarTech.com Soundproof Server Rack with Casters - Acoustic Cabinet for Servers with Stylish Wood Finish - 12U: Computers & Accessories this is pretty low $ compared with netshelter CX...
  4. C

Supermicro BPN-SAS2-836EL1 backplane

if someone needs to replace SATA to SAS2 backplane from "cheap" Compellent 3u (supermicro 3U case) server deal from ebay (I bought months back for $90+shipping) there is an auction for BPN-SAS2-836EL1 backplane , which is in fair price: Supermicro BPN-SAS2-836EL1 SAS Expander Server Backplane...
  5. C

whomever using zoneminder, the newest 2.9.0 released at end of Feb

just to let know. I use ZM for 3 years and never be disappointed by it, except when doing first confinguration that took me 2 days!! I just upgraded to 2.90 yesterday and work better than 2.8.1. the good thing is zmninja!!! they(ZM) provides "API" that can be used to write third party...
  6. C

Ian Murdock, father of Debian, dead at 42

was on /.org on Dec 30, 2015 and would like to post.. Ian Murdock, father of Debian, dead at 42 Ian Murdock, founder of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution project, has died at the age of 42. His death, announced in a blog post by Docker CEO Ben Golub, came after an apparent encounter with...
  7. C

Supermicro 500w platinum psu for $30 best offer

Sm 500w platinum psu $30 best offer... Supermicro Redundant Power Supply 500W PWS-501P-1R for SC826 12 Bay 2U Case 80P I did send best offer and agreed $22 each with seller. Bought 2 for total including shipping $64. Has 7 left. Happy new year... Even a bit late ...
  8. C

(Dell / Compellent CT-SC030 (SM CSE-836TQ-R800B with rail)

Not sure this is a good or not as we know the seller (liquid8...) that loves on best offer 40% or more.... if you have parts: gold or platinum PSU and 2 x 80mm PWM fans (need both on the back due on not PWM fans, I think(my knowledge) the middle/backplane is pwm fans). you can best offer...
  9. C

reviving Tyan S5533GM2NR LE from the dead

as I mentioned on my past, my Tyan S5533GM2NR LE is stuck on "system initializing" after updating the BIOS 1.01 ( 2014 build date). Tyan tech support site is "slow" and still using aging "asp" server. they help is OK but not throughly. I think, Supermicro is still the best as Today. back to...
  10. C

weird sandisk USB key 8G of cruzer blade

the first usb key issue that I see in my life. I bough 2 refurbished sandisk USB key (new) that posted on SD months back. yap, original Sandisk not fake... one has symptoms on disappeared files when plug-ing to usb port for minimally 12 hours.... this happens recently within one-two month...
  11. C

Huawei Quidway S5300 S5328C-EI info

ty to dig more on the net and find nothing anyone has experience in Huawei Quidway S5300 S5328C-EI?
  12. C

Tyan S5533GM2NR LE

Seller has another batch -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyan-S5533GM2NR-LE-S5533-Intel-LGA1150-Socket-C222-VGA-Sata-Server-Mainboard-/131632365910 Tyan S5533GM2NR LE miniitx with 16X pcie 3 http://www.ebay.com/itm/141718707040 with best offer official site link...
  13. C

I340-T2 Ethernet PCI Express Dual Port Server dual port (NOT quad port)

if any one needs crippled i340 with dual port ( NOT quad port :p) pci express V2 with X4 lanes. just brief history: this cards are OEM that built for IBM system X (already sold cheaply to Lenovo :p).. I think the selller has a lot of pile of these card since IBM exited x86 server business by...
  14. C

inputs on selecting low power mini-itx for baremetal or linux LVM/parai/o

I am looking to replace running esxi 5.5 on celeron 847 with two crappy realtek onboard NICs. my cheap candidates: 1) Intel J 1800 + dual NIC intel ( only pci-e X1 connected due on J1800/J1900 design) 2) Intel J 1900 3) AMD A4-5000 + dual NIC intel ( Yes.... pci-e X4...) I plan to replace...
  15. C

site for data logging.....

Hi All... I would like to share the site that you can store your data logging and transform into chart or mathlab app or other app, and know many people already know the site. the site is Internet Of Things - ThingSpeak this is very useful since I have no data logging backend :p. (do not...
  16. C

14U Ikea closed server rack ...

building my V2 closed server rack that inspired by https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/the-high-wife-acceptacnce-factor-rack-a-k-a-the-silent-of-the-racks.5964/... My first build V1 that has been running since 2013 , will replace Ikea lackrack ( bending feet due on heavy load) My...