Search results

1. D

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Thanks everyone! I guess it is nice getting the EL version despite having to buy either some cables or card. Ended up purchasing a AOC-S3008L-L8e. Hopefully that works out for me.
  2. D

Wow. Thank you so much for that explanation. That makes a whole lot more sense, and there was a lot I wasn't understanding about this kind of hardware. Seems like picking up a AOC-S3008L-L8e or AOC-S3008L-L8i make a lot of sense to get the full utilization given the prices I am seeing for...
  3. D

Awesome. Thank you.
  4. D

Thank you for the information. I think you are right on since I have two of the MiniSAS HD to MiniSAS HD cables you linked in my unit. So sounds like I'd need to either purchase the right angle cables, or consider buying cards with the benefits that brings. One further question, I'm guessing...
  5. D

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely not set on Truenas yet, so I've been looking at unraid now too. Quick question. I received my unit and noticed that the backplane uses mini-SAS connections which I don't have on the motherboard. Was it expected to buy some sort of PCI-e card to connect the...
  6. D

I'm considering the 6028U-TR4T+ for a dedicated TrueNAS build. Basically equipping this with a single lower end processor like a E5 2620-v3 to minimize power consumption. Does that sound like a reasonable option if that's all I'm using the 6028U-TR4T+ for? I'm also a little concerned about the...