Search results

1. james23

Genoa ES CPUs + SM H13SSL bundles on ebay?

Is that true? (ie low retail/new price in china?) (or i assume your being Sarcastic, and if so the reason it's so the price is so low is because it's an engineering sample CPU, which is what im asking about). tks
  2. james23

Genoa ES CPUs + SM H13SSL bundles on ebay?

I've searched around and can't find much info in regards to the newest Genoa AMD Engineering Sample CPU's (and/or running AMD ES cpus on H13 boards) - Clearly the price is this low for a reason ($1950), as it's essentially the price of a non-es 9334 CPU ALONE , but also includes the H13...
  3. james23

SuperMicro X11SSW-F - How to factory reset = Sorted.....

hi, any chance you could update with what the powerdraw of this board is? thanks
  4. james23

Guide for using Niagara 4.3 to set 12g speed in firmware limited HGST sas3 drives

wow! thanks for this guide! this helped me resolve my 8x 1.6tb HUSMM HGST drives i received /bought from ebay, only linking at sas2 speeds (6.0gbps) - im using a 3008 HBA in IT mode, and my supermicro backplane is sas3 (24bay 2.5", direct attached BP). I had assumed they were linked at...
  5. james23

NEW 1.6TB SSD SAS Enterprise Drive (12Gb SAS!)

as a point of reference, this past week i bought 6x of these exact drives (1.6tb) for $100 each from a ebay seller (who is sold out now btw :( ) so Aug 28, 2016 : ~$545 was a great deal on these used, 6.5years later, feb 2 2023: $100 is a great deal on these used. (so ~ 65$ drop per year...
  6. james23

sm H12SSL-i - stuck on PCI Enumeration only on warm reboot / restart (cold power up FINE)

thanks MasterControl, yes the exact ram im using is on the SM QVL for this board (and acutally my prior H11ssl-NC too!) . (and i also double checked it just now - it is D4 3200 1.2v ECC -exact model: 4x 32gb sticks of: - HYNIX HMAA4GR7AJR8N-32GB 2RX8 PC4-3200AA-R DDR4 RDIMM-3200MHZ)...
  7. james23

sm H12SSL-i - stuck on PCI Enumeration only on warm reboot / restart (cold power up FINE)

Thanks for all the replies! (edit: i have also opened a support case at supermicro,will update here) some answers: You are correct on ALL DP ports on quadro GPUs, the only exception being my quadro RTX 4000 , which has 3x DP and 1x USB-C (the card comes with a USB-C to DP adaptor, which i...
  8. james23

Supermicro H12SSL-i, H12SSL-C, H12SSL-NT, H12SSL-CT boards - notes, experiences

i wanted to cross link my new thread where im having issues with my newly setup H12SSL-i being stuck/hung on PCI Enumeration, but only on warm boots (ie OS reboots). i know others mentioned this same issue earlier in this thread (w no clear resolution)-...
  9. james23

I recently upgraded my daily desktop machine's H11 + 7262 (8c epyc gen2) to a h12SSL-i + 7302 (16c epyc gen2), w 4x ECC DDR4 hynx (is on supermicro QVL for BOTH boards) + a Quadro RTX 4000, and a Quadro p2000. (only disk of any kind attached is the boot drive, a p4800x 375gb optane U.2 nvme...
  10. james23

FS: 100gbit Dual-Port Supermicro AOC-S100G-M2C pcie Card (2-port 100GbE - 2x QSFP28)

Thanks, I dont buy alot of NICs so you may be right, i was going off of the only ebay prior sale i could find of $1,100 , which sold about 2 weeks ago for this exact nic model (but that was the only prior-sale at any price, and i know those ebay prior-sales can be flukes at times). And the 5x...
  11. james23

FS: 100gbit Dual-Port Supermicro AOC-S100G-M2C pcie Card (2-port 100GbE - 2x QSFP28)

100gbit Supermicro AOC-S100G-M2C 2-port 100GbE (2x QSFP28) asking $800 (edit: was asking $1,050 prior) (free usps priority shipping to USA) (update) Includes BOTH: Low Profile and Full height bracket (see photos) Brand new, pulled from a brand new SM server. i have it listed on ebay (...
  12. james23

Patrick's 2021 Fiber Build-out

Maybe i missed a post on STH main page, but where is all this being installed? (i can see its a home), but is it a new STH office? or is it Patricks new home, that he will use as a home/office? Just curious for context. Amazing job! and thanks very much for providing all the details you...
  13. james23

Storage deals

i didnt understand your question until i saw some other replies to it (from ppl who clearly did understand it): Some great ebay search methods have been mentioned already, another trick i do is to search via the drive size + (sas or enterprise), ie: 3.84 sas 1.92 sas or you can do the model...
  14. james23

Storage deals

ive been looking for 8-12x large enterprise SSDs (sas / sata only) , im constantly surprised by how frequently i see U.2 NVMe drives at a the same or lower prices than the same size, same class (enterprise) SAS drives. that has to say something. (example @ $245 shipped: WD Ultrastar DC SN630...
  15. james23

Thank you for the reply, i assume your referring to the supermicro official cable? or are you referring to the amazon one? (i ask as , in my case, its a price difference of $68 shipped, vs $26 shipped)
  16. james23

I have a h12ssl-i in coming (to replace my h11), can some one confirm if either of these cables will work to connect from the h12's on-board SlimSAS x8 port to a single Optane U.2 nvme drive (this is the only disk-drive, of any kind, i will run on the system, as its my win11 boot drive)...
  17. james23

Performance Difference: SAS3 and SAS2 HDDs - What am I missing?

I’m curious about this too. Mainly in the case of a 24 Bay SAS2 backplane expander, versus a SAS3 backplane expander using enterprise SAS hard drives (not ssds). And using zfs mainly. (I’m aware there’s plenty other factors outside of the SAS interface) i’m still searching for actual...
  18. james23

APC UPS Issues (High Float Voltage)

EDIT: IGNORE MY ORGINAL POST - update: i was able to adjust the Float Voltage of my SMT-2200 (ID:18) w the latest FW (as of dec2022) -- the key sequence is a bit different than the others, once connected via TTL/Serial, you press 1, then 1, (should get PROG back) then Shift+B , then...
  19. james23

rail - 1u SM (but full length pull out) (supermicro)

Thanks for the replies, Im still a bit confused- First , i should have been more clear- I have the Depth of the rack covered (ie the distance from the front 2x posts, to the back 2x posts) - im only asking about how far the server can be "pulled" out, once it is fully mounted on X rail kit...