Search results

1. P

Hey, I have firmware QDV1RF35, that might be the latest, but I haven't tried it myself. Hash...

Hey, I have firmware QDV1RF35, that might be the latest, but I haven't tried it myself. Hash seems to differ from alaricljs, but the one I've found comes from a patch for ODA (Oracle Database Appliance) so I'm pretty sure it is legit - just unsure if there are any minor differences. Also, I...
  2. P

Hey, I saw you were looking for QDV1RF35. I found it, but I haven't tried it myself. Hash seems...

Hey, I saw you were looking for QDV1RF35. I found it, but I haven't tried it myself. Hash seems to differ from alaricljs, but the one I've found comes from a patch for ODA (Oracle Database Appliance) so I'm pretty sure it is legit - just unsure if there are any minor differences. Also, I would...
  3. P

64GB LRDIMM DDR3 ECC ram for $20 or less

I don't use an external video card, only the onboard Aspeed for the occasional remote management. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare gfx that I could test at the moment. 2xE5-2670v1 in a CSE-846
  4. P

64GB LRDIMM DDR3 ECC ram for $20 or less

I'm running a X9DRi-LNF4+ with 1.5TB ram (24x64GB). It's been stable since I did the upgrade (summer), but I needed to increase the airflow over the ram sticks to keep the temperature in check. So something to consider. You might be better of only populating half of the sticks, to provide more...
  5. P

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

I have a similar switch - DCS-7050T-64-R - that that I have 3xQSFP and somewhere around 15-20 RJ45s connected with the fan profile set at 70%. Power Input Output Output Supply Model Capacity Current Current Power Status -------...
  6. P

6.4TB INTEL P4608 SSD DC $250

Looking at pcie.c, it seems like the Intel-branded P4500/P4600 are already existing. { PCI_VDEVICE(INTEL, 0x0a54), /* Intel P4500/P4600 */ .driver_data = NVME_QUIRK_STRIPE_SIZE | NVME_QUIRK_DEALLOCATE_ZEROES | NVME_QUIRK_IGNORE_DEV_SUBNQN, }, I...
  7. P

6.4TB INTEL P4608 SSD DC $250

I have the P4618, so kinda a similar card and running Proxmox (but on the 5.15 kernel) - so far. nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvmeX | grep "^nn" returns nn : 1 for both devices. lspci -nn returns da:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller [0108]: Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [3DNAND, Beta...
  8. P

SOLD: Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure $200 + Shipping

Do you happen know if this unit accepts other brands of drives than HGST/WD? And for those of you wondering about shipping to EU. I bought a Supermicro 90-bay from US and had it shipped to EU on a pallet. Cost me around $300 so not that bad. The VAT (25%) however....
  9. P

Asus C621E Memory overclock

Don't think so. If so, all 4 of them have to be bad - and some are even brand new. So, my guess is incompatible memory / BIOS settings.
  10. P

Recieved the other 64GB sticks of the same model, and none of them work either. So, ruling out faulty stick. Tried booting only with 1 and 2 of these 64GB sticks. It does not work. The computer starts beeping, and it hangs during boot sequence with "System Memory Abnormal", with fault code B1...
  11. P

I've tried without MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2, but still doesn't work. But I haven't yet tried with only the 64GB dimm. I'm getting 3 more sticks of the 64GB version later this week, and will try then.
  12. P

Well, the M393A8G40MB2-CVF are actually RDIMM modules (M393A8G40MB2-CVF | RDIMM | Samsung Module | Semiconductor) and not LRDIMM.
  13. P

Hello, Sorry if I hijack the thread, but I have the same board and CPUs (2x8167M). Have anyone of you tried 64GB RDIMM (e.g. M393A8G40MB2-CVF)? I get "DIMM train error" if i add it, and the stick shows up as "UNKNOWN DRx8 0GB RDIMM". I've updated the BIOS to the latest version (6102) but...
  14. P

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

A year ago I started asking around if anyone was able to run anything else than HGST branded drives in these. The conclusion from this forum, and many of the sellers (eBay and others) seemed to indicate that there was limitation in place with the brands of drives you could have running - this...
  15. P

The STORNADO

16. P

EU WTB: 60+ bay JBOD

So, some more update: HGST 4u60: I got feedback from a seller on eBay that already tested Seagate Ironwolf drives in the 4u60 G1 and it did not seem to work. Newisys NDS-4600: Recieved feedback from one seller, as stated above, that out of the box it does not work with WD Reds (for example)...
  17. P

Thanks for the update! I've read similar reports here, but I'm still doubting the G1's capability to support other vendors, such as Seagate. And starting to struggle with getting drives to be identified (and work) is the last thing I want to spend my time on, so then I rather invest abit more to...
  18. P

Yes, gen2 and gen3 does have the same "limitation" as the gen1 regarding disk brand and type (enterprise). Yeah, that is the information I received from the eBay seller. I'm also unsure why, but I guess a similar configuration has been added as to the 4u60 units. Unsure why, but might be how...
  19. P

So, a small update. Was quickly going through the manuals of the different revisions of the unit and it seems you are right. On the first revision, it does actually state...
  20. P

Hi, That sounds interesting - i'll send you a PM. Do you know if the software lock is something that can be removed (easily)? While I do have only HGST drives currently, I would hope to be able to populate this in the future with any random brand.