Search results

1. C

Supermicro X13SAE-F W680 Motherboard Mini-Review

The X13SAE-F doesn't support BIOS updates via the BMC. You have to put the update and flash script on a FAT32-formatted drive and run the flash script from the UEFI shell.
  2. C

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

That's the hardware I'm currently using (except with a 12600k initially to do the BIOS update and then with a 13600k). I run plain old Fedora with zfs and libvirt/kvm. Everything else is in a VM and I just share folders via virtiofs (libvirt setting) to give them access to storage. I didn't...
  3. C

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

I updated the X13SAE-F to the newly released 2.0 BIOS and it seems that ECC is enabled now: Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC ... Total Width: 72 bits Data Width: 64 bits ... Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered) ...
  4. C

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

I just got mine as well (Hynix HMCG88MEBEA from WiredZone, which ended up being a SuperMicro branded stick). My X13SAE-F booted fine with the new modules and `dmidecode -t memory` shows: Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC though the information for each stick says: Total Width...
  5. C

Single Port 25gbe NIC's with 4x PCIe Gen3?

I'm doing a similar thing with a dual port Mellanox ConnectX-4 card, although it's with 40Gbps optics and it's an x16 card in an x8 slot. I have no problems maxing out the link with a single port.
  6. C

Supermicro X13SAE-F W680 Motherboard Mini-Review

I emailed Supermicro support about this and when the new BIOS for 13th gen support will be released. This was their response: