Search results

1. M

ASUS Turbo-RTX2080-8G Blower-Style GeForce RTX 2080 Performance Review

Asus is the first to provide a card capable, with a waterblock, for a single slot card. exciting times.
  2. M

Smoking (US) Aquantia 5G/10G Cards for cheap

I purchased one recently from amazon with prime shipping. Dropped it into my gaming computer and hooked it up to my Unifi 16-xg, got full 10g speed out of it. Not to bad for an 80 to 90 dollar card.
  3. M

Home Setup - Design changes

Power usage based on POE usage but the minimum with no POE devices is 64W for the 48 port and 56 for the 10G switch. I personally went with 4 ports per bedroom (3 in my case) and 4 for the living room area. I figured computer, cable box/smart tv, and a console or 2 per area was going to work out...
  4. M

Home Setup - Design changes

I wired my home for networking shortly after purchasing it as well. so for the network piece I would recommend a POE switch especially if you plan to do IP cameras. it may increase your initial investment but in the end it will be the mass of POE converters you have either at your patch or...
  5. M

SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SRG-F-O - $145.75

Found the chassis on ebay for it Supermicro 1U Server (CSE-818) X9SRG-F Barebones with 1400w PSU | eBay
  6. M

Rosewill BM-600 Computer Mining Case Support 6 GPU $99.99

Found we're all of these cases went. Maingear is going to sell cryptocurrency mining PCs stuffed with graphics cards | PC Gamer
  7. M

well that sucks i was looking at grabbing another but they basically disappeared now i know why. :(
  8. M

Gladly. Originally i purchased an Asrock pro BTC but i kept getting the lame out of resources if i installed more then two GPU's (also the edge of the case only allows for a right angle molex at the end of the board). After a few hours of dealing with that i swapped it for an old MSI Z87-G45...
  9. M

I got one of these. It is a nice case only gotchas are the the top panel won't fit if you have tall cards like the msi gaming ones and the rear 80mm don't fit with cards that DVI connections. Other then those two things it's a wonderful case
  10. M

AEON Mining Performance

Last I looked at that gpu kit it cost ~200. Thats a little steep for adding one gpu.
  11. M

WTS: 4/6TB 7.2k spinners

I would be interested in 10 x 6tb sas as well
  12. M

Satellite Question

I do not know f anything on the dish side but I do hope either you or your friend has purchased/leased/has operation agreement to use bandwidth on that satellite.
  13. M

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

i have a dual 2660 node i can throw on the pool
  14. M

So what hardware you have bought lately that was a SCORE!!

Just got a Nvidia grid M40 for $399. time to dabble in some light machine learning then off to monero of course ;)
  15. M

Supermicro 4U 24 bay 846 chassis SAS2 with rails/motherboard - $300

Already bumped prices up to 380.00
  16. M

FS: D-link Switchs

Other then boot up i was never able to hear them over any of the other machines that were running. It was running out in my garage so other then cold starting the rack i didn't notice them.
  17. M

FS: D-link Switchs

Here is a review that patrick did on the switch in december of 2015: D-Link DGS-1510-28X Review - 24 port GigE + 4 port SFP+ switch - ServeTheHome per that review the noise is 55dBa at boot and 42-44 dBa running.