Search results

1. H

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

does it comes with rack ears ? so it can be racked or how do you rack them ?
  2. H

EXPIRED HGST 6TB 7.2K RPM 3.5" SAS 12Gbps HDD $16.50 + sh

didnt try with these disks but first you need to find the official firmware as that part is not easy always
  3. H

EXPIRED HGST 6TB 7.2K RPM 3.5" SAS 12Gbps HDD $16.50 + sh

Those are NetAPP disks they use NetApp firmware which makes them almost unusable very bad firmware
  4. H

Supermicro 826 Chassis - $84 eBay

and I am not even sure you can swap power supply easly My understanding those chassis will not work with AC power supply by just swapping the PSU you need to change a bit more than that
  5. H

EXPIRED SuperServer 2028TP-HC0TR 4 Blade (1) E5-2620 V4 | 192GB MEM Each blade

What was the model so I search for it as usually it has to come back
  6. H

DataOn DNS-2760 - Rebranded HGST 4U60G2 - $323 on ebay

I see , I found one that is sliding an rated for the weight but it is too expensive at 359$ they make the deal not as good https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-SRSHELF4PSL-Enclosure-Standard/dp/B001DW4COE
  7. H

does this slide out ? seems it is fixed , also i dont think it can handle the weight if this one is fully loaded
  8. H

is there a model number for the rail kit ? As without rail kit you are forced to install them top of the rack and if the rack is empty it will be unstable So rail kit is a must
  9. H

Canada Canada - WD Golds for >50% off from WD Store

this is really good deal I checked and those disks are CMR so they are fine
  10. H

What to do with Quanta T3048-LY2 switch

yes ONOS works with no issues "BUT" in 2 months the trial license end and if i am not mistaken i have to fully reinstall the OS every 2 months. I tried to run the switch without the trial license and they do shutdown ports after few minutes due to missing license (I did that to see if they will...
  11. H

Quanta T3048-LY2R upgrade option

Update here I managed to extract the kernel from FTOS file and i am loading it in mem and trying to boot it seems it start to boot then it hang here => bootm 20000000 WARNING: adjusting available memory to 30000000 ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 20000000 ... Image Name: netbsd...
  12. H

OK just a quick update on my quest here So these switches T3048-LY2R that you find on ebay are mostly ODM which means QCT does not support them at all that mean when you get one of these you will be in same situation as getting T3048-LY2 For upgrading or even to install any OS on the...
  13. H

What to do with Quanta T3048-LY2 switch

Hi Everyone I know this is old topic but just wanted to warn everyone from buying even T3048-LY2R version As I got some of it and they are ODM gear So QCT does not support or sell the OS to them even currently have few of them even missing any OS and not sure where to find any OS to work on them
  14. H

Hi Everyone, I got few Quanta T3048-LY2R for a project thinking that its OS is readily available in Quanta website which is correct the issue is that I am not exactly sure what OS is running on those switches Also it seems if I am upgrading from old version the license will be lost and i will...
  15. H

HPE Samsung PM1725B NVME U.2 3.2TB - $540 OBO

I dont think they are locked , I use them in HPE server but they are typical SSDs nothing special about them
  16. H

I dont know the only implications as far as i know you cannot upgrade the firmware on those drives since they are not officially supported That being said , I have few 15TB rev0 drives and they are running fine since 2 years with zero issues
  17. H

Does Rev 0 means the drive is QS ? I remember something along this line for HPE drives Edit: I see in the description it says they are demo drives
  18. H

SAS3 HBA with SAS2 expander and SAS3 disks

They are both live systems so changing anything need planning But i think i will build 3rd server just to test but again i will need to run some tests on the server with SAS2 HBAs then repeat same tests with SAS3 HBAs I know the expander limit throughput but since our application is not usianf...
  19. H

Correct but this is not the issue I have exact same setup with same disks , same CPU , motherboard etc the only diff is the use of expander and different HBAs and I am getting almost half the IOPS performance without expander than with expander So my question is if it will help if I upgraded...
  20. H

Hi All, I am facing IOPS issue with servers using SAS2 expanders vs directly connecting the disks to HBA Let me first explain the issue I have 2 servers supermicro 36 disks 1 of them does not have backplane and the other have 2x backplane(one in front and one on the back) in both of them I...