Search results

1. N

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

I just got two of these running on an Asrock ROME2D16 motherboard. This combination does *****NOT***** like DDR4 2400 LRDIMMs at all.
  2. N

[WTB]: Riotoro CR1080 case

no 5.25 bay in the chieftec :( I wanted the 5.25 specifically for my 8x SATA drive mobile rack.
  3. N

[WTB]: Riotoro CR1080 case

Looking for a Riotoro CR1080 I can pay via paypal.
  4. N

All of this is my opinion of course.... begin rant: You'll notice that many of these QS/ES chips have scuffs, scratches, missing caps etc. That's because they're mostly slammed into a dumpster at some point. Are there proper disposal clauses written into those end user agreements with the...
  5. N

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

I would order one of these things but it keeps saying they don't ship to my location in the US. Has anyone from the US actually gotten one of these?
  6. N

GPU recommendation for mass text processing, summarizing and data analysis, serving API requests etc

Thanks that was helpful. I didn't even think about aliexpress. If this MI60 doesn't work out I'll look to get a 2080ti. The MI60 looks to still be GCN so I hope it's still a viable card. Totally agree on competition, it seems like NVIDIA absolutely owns the AI space which is disappointing.
  7. N

GPU recommendation for mass text processing, summarizing and data analysis, serving API requests etc

I'd rather not get a card that has been mined on, so it's likely that whatever inexpensive and used 3090 that I find would be used.... and still expensive :( New ones are super expensive it seems. I'll see what I can do with this MI60. 32GB HBM2 on a glorified vega will probably do what I need...
  8. N

AMD EPYC 7C13 is a Surprisingly Cheap and Good CPU

I just grabbed a pair of 7v13 ES for my Asrock board - hopefully I don't get screwed by incompatibility.
  9. N

Darn, I wish I'd seen this sooner - I played around with my laptop GPU (Radeon 6800m with 12GB RAM) and AMDGPU/ROCM seemed to work OK with a 7b Q4_K_S model. So I ordered a Radeon MI60 because it seems to be compatible and has 32GB HBM2 and it was right in line with the higher end of my budget...
  10. N

I'm pretty new to AI and just started dabbling with LM Studio, Ollama, API's etc. I think I'm ready to start more complex things and was looking for GPU recommendations as well as model recommendations. I plan on doing large amounts of text processing as well as data analysis (large CSV and JSON...
  11. N

What boards does this thing work on? Will it work on an Asrock ROME2D16?
  12. N

EXPIRED 4TB HGST SAS Hard Drives - $8

wait, do these things actually work?
  13. N

Adapt a HP DL380 Gen10 NVME backplane to a standard ATX power supply?

No idea. I wish it worked but it hasn't for me. I've tried a number of different things with no luck. I'm keeping the cage around in case someone figures something out. I have it powered on and even soldered good power connections for it... hopefully someone figures something out.
  14. N

Adapt a HP DL380 Gen10 NVME backplane to a standard ATX power supply?

I have one of these and I'm pretty sure you need a Tri-mode to run it unfortunately... maybe someone is brave enough to try these on some cheap tri-mode adapters and report back?
  15. N

AMD EPYC 7551 32 core 64 thread cpu for $75 or less

If I could find some nodes that take 7002/7003 and do PCI-E 4.0 at a good price I'd be all over them.
  16. N

VMware Updates its EOA Plan Providing Guidance for Some Subscription Transition

is this going to affect customers running esxi 7.x ? I'm trying to determine if they're somehow going to force people running a 7.x perpetual into some kind of service agreement? Or is it simply that they will no longer release updates for older versions and you must pay?
  17. N

Does Anyone know if the Gigabyte MZ61-HD0 rev 1.1 can support 7002/7003 Epyc and PCI-E 4.0?

No I'm looking at buying it but wanted to check to see if anyone had experience with it. I am really looking for 7002 and 7003 support as well as PCI-E 4.0
  18. N

Does Anyone know if the Gigabyte MZ61-HD0 rev 1.1 can support 7002/7003 Epyc and PCI-E 4.0?

looks like on the site it says 7001 only, but I know with a lot of gigabyte stuff you can flash to later revisions. Anyone have any ideas?
  19. N

Xeon E7 8894 v4 - what type of Memory for best performance (single core)?

I'm looking at this for a massive data mining project. I was thinking of getting a DL580 gen 9 filled with 64GB sticks of DDR3 but can't remember if that requires a special BIOS?