Search results

1. D

HGST sas3 ssd encrypted - need help erase

Sorry not sure exactly how to accomplish that what should I add to the file you mentioned " /etc/sysconfig/scsi_reserve" kind of lost hope on this :)
  2. D

tried this utility with no luck either
  3. D

I was successful with 21 of the drives (there was a batch of 24 drives that I bought), just like you said. Booted in raid controller and did secure erase. though these last 3 drives, I think something else was done to them by the previous owner cause they are not recognized when I boot in the...
  4. D

no luck with that either [root@localhost ~]# sg_persist -r /dev/sdb HGST HUSMR1619ASS231 B1C0 Peripheral device type: disk PR generation=0x0, Reservation follows: Key=0x5b73252800000002 scope: LU_SCOPE, type: Write Exclusive, registrants only [root@localhost ~]#...
  5. D

[root@localhost ~]# sg_format --format --fmtpinfo=0 /dev/sdb HGST HUSMR1619ASS231 B1C0 peripheral_type: disk [0x0] << supports protection information>> Unit serial number: 0SYAYX4A LU name: 5000cca06cbd09f8 MODE SENSE (10) command: Reservation conflict...
  6. D

no luck Updated: more on this error on a google search:
  7. D

Re installing centos 8 on a different machine and will get back to you on results. I did try sg_sanitize before with no luck but will try on this machine too
  8. D

I have installed the WD Software utility under windows 10 but it doesn't see the drive I am attaching screen shots of windows 10 utility to format that says access denied. In centos 8 when I do sg_format --format it says "data protected"
  9. D

thank you for your feedback. I just tried testdisk with no luck. It says "access denied". I did try this in a it mode controller (sas3 lsi 3008).
  10. D

Hi all I bought a lot of 24 x HGST sas3 ssds from someone local. He initially told me that they are formatted in the wrong sector size and he couldn't figure out how to reformat them. Model: HUSMR1619ASS231link to drive After some trials, I figured out that the drives were actually encrypted...