Search results

1. I

Crossflash Oracle CX556A to Mellanox OEM?

Has anyone cross flashed a CX556A to Mellanox OEM firmware? I tried: flint -d mt4121_pciconf0 -i fw-ConnectX5-rel-16_31_1014-MCX556A-EDA_Ax_Bx-UEFI-14.24.13-FlexBoot-3.6.403.bin -allow_psid_change burn but got: -E- Burning FS4 image failed: Changing PSID is unsupported under controlled FW...
  2. I

Enable Dynamic Buffer on SONiC?

I'm attempting to follow Nvidia's guide on setting up QoS/Buffers/PFC for SMB Direct for the first time and the guide says: but when I try to run a command like their example... admin@sonic:~$ config buffer profile add myHOprofile --xon 19456 --xoff 30720 It errors with "This command can...
  3. I

What do you call this type of rack slide/support?

My switch came with the switch-side hardware for this slide but I'm not sure what I need to be shopping for on the rack side. A little round bolt just slides into the groove for support. Not sure what to search for on Amazon or ebay. Anyone know what brand/patent/style of switch slide this is?
  4. I

Expanding Storage Pool to 4 SSDs from 2 SSDs on 2012R2?

I have a 2012 R2 server on its last leg and will be replaced soon. But I'm trying to eek it out until PCIe4 is more widely available and stable. I have a Mirror storage pool with 8x 10k SAS drives and 2x SSDs. I'm seeing solid 500/700MB/s for Write/Read speeds. I would like to fully saturate...
  5. I

Quiet, office friendly NVME NAS chassis?

There are quite a few good reviews on NVME servers. e.g. https://www.servethehome.com/gigabyte-r272-z32-24x-nvme-amd-epyc-7002-server-is-a-home-run/ But I watched the build on Linus tech tips and in spite of the 80mm fans, it still sounded like dyson. Is there anything like the 45Drive...