Search results

1. slatfats

A WD Red failure that could have ended very badly

Mods - I wasn't sure which section to put this in, so please move this if you feel it should be somewhere else. Bear with me for a bit of a long story... This morning started like any other. After having breakfast with my wife and son, I went downstairs to the garage to feed our dogs. The...
  2. slatfats

Intel S2600 bit fade memory errors

Hi all After collecting parts over the last few months to upgrade my ESXi / storage server, I'm getting close to swapping out the guts for a dual E5-2670v1 / 128GB PC3 setup. After getting the RAM last week (second hand via eBay), I set it up with a single CPU on my workbench, installed the...
  3. slatfats

Ubiquiti Beta UniFi AC HD USD$174

Saw this over on Reddit's HomeLab group. The Beta for the UniFi AC WAP is available at half the full retail price too: Beta - UniFi AC HD - Ubiquiti Networks Store
  4. slatfats

Warm? Lenovo Thinkserver RD540 $499 on Amazon

Seems like a reasonable deal... Only entry level specs (1 CPU, 8GB RAM, no drives), but the CPU sells for half this price on eBay. Oh and free shipping. Amazon.com: Lenovo ThinkServer RD540 70AT0009UX Intel Xeon E5-2609 v2 2.5GHz 8GB 1U Rack Server: Computers & Accessories
  5. slatfats

WTB Rails for Supermicro SC933

Hi there As the title suggests, I'm looking for a set of rails for a Supermicro SC933. Supermicro part # CSE-PT50. Pricing on eBay seems exorbitant at USD$99.99 + USD$70 shipping to Australia. [Google suggests the same question was asked by another poster back in April 2014, but it looks to...
  6. slatfats

Opinions sought - IBM x3400 M2 and Xeon 5600 CPUs

Hi ServeTheHome regulars! Long time reader, first time poster... Your wisdom was great help when I was setting up my ESXi/Storage box :-) I have an opportunity to pick up an IBM x3400 M2 server, locally to me (Brisbane, Australia), with 16GB RAM and dual quad core Xeons (E5504's), for a...