Search results

1. slatfats

Xeon Platinum 8124M 18C 3.0GHz $575

It’s a QS chip though - they aren’t usually mass produced, are they? They also call out in the description that there are only limited ‘boards that can take them, so that will limit demand and result in a lower price
  2. slatfats

WD Easystore 8TB $129.99 Best Buy

I’m a little surprised that no-one here has an enterprising young person in their house who, for say $10 per drive + reimbursed costs, would buy and on-sell these to forum members based overseas... (note - I haven’t done the sums to work out whether this is viable or not, taking into account...
  3. slatfats

WD 10TB external $160

... or buy another one :-)
  4. slatfats

Western Digital 8tb Easystore - $127.50 + tax ($149.99 - 15% promo PRONTO15) 8/8/18 only

BestBuy don’t ship to freight forwarders, either
  5. slatfats

A WD Red failure that could have ended very badly

Mods - I wasn't sure which section to put this in, so please move this if you feel it should be somewhere else. Bear with me for a bit of a long story... This morning started like any other. After having breakfast with my wife and son, I went downstairs to the garage to feed our dogs. The...
  6. slatfats

Natex Deals for STH Members

Not sure if it's Pam, but they have been quite responsive and easy to work with through eBay. It looks like this will be resolved satisfactorily.
  7. slatfats

Natex Deals for STH Members

Hi all Apologies for necro'ing an old thread, but I just wanted to share my experience with NATEX (R2disassembly on eBay - they have the same physical address). I ordered a 1U Chenbro server + s2600cp2 motherboard through their eBay store. The item was shipped through the eBay global shipping...
  8. slatfats

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

I've never been charged commission by Shipito before. Maybe that's an assisted-purchase thing? (I've never used the assisted purchase service)
  9. slatfats

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Was $249 yesterday and back down to $199 now. I wonder how much longer until they're back to $160?
  10. slatfats

Intel S2600 bit fade memory errors

Dragged out my other server. Chose two sticks at random, that gave bit fade errors in memtest v7.3, and ran them in my other server using the same memtest USB stick. No errors in either memtest version. So it's not the RAM.
  11. slatfats

My initial test was with multiple dimms in place at once (but all identical models). Noticed the errors so dropped back to one dimm at a time to try and narrow it down to a particular dimm, and have been testing with one ever since. (a slight lie - I did one more test with two dimms to see if...
  12. slatfats

After reading the issues people have had with downgrading the BIOS firmware on these boards, I'm starting to conclude that I'll just live with it - I'll just have to use the traditional BIOS as opposed to the EFI bios. This in itself shouldn't be an issue... it's going to be used as an ESXi...
  13. slatfats

Registered ECC, Samsung DIMMs. Tried multiple different sticks from different purchases, 1.5V and 1.35V, 8GB and 4GB DIMMs, the bit fade errors are consistent across all sticks - same number of bits, same memory address (at about the 1GB mark).
  14. slatfats

Hi all After collecting parts over the last few months to upgrade my ESXi / storage server, I'm getting close to swapping out the guts for a dual E5-2670v1 / 128GB PC3 setup. After getting the RAM last week (second hand via eBay), I set it up with a single CPU on my workbench, installed the...
  15. slatfats

2650 not 2670. Not a great deal. C2 stepping (SRoKQ) e5-2670 $50 w/ free shipping

The title (e5-2670) doesn't match the listing (e5-2650)...
  16. slatfats

DemoEval Ryzen03 - With Blue LEDs

I've read that the Ryzen CPUs support ECC memory... but haven't seen anyone try, and haven't seen any desktop motherboards that claim to support it. Any chance you'd be willing to chuck some into this motherboard to see how it fares?
  17. slatfats

Ubiquiti Beta UniFi AC HD USD$174

Saw this over on Reddit's HomeLab group. The Beta for the UniFi AC WAP is available at half the full retail price too: Beta - UniFi AC HD - Ubiquiti Networks Store
  18. slatfats

Freight forwarding services to Australia

I've found with Shipito that TNT are often cheapest and it's a courier service - so your goods arrive incredibly quickly (a single-digit number of days from the US). USPS is a regular postal service, which then hooks into the Australia Post system once it arrives in Australia. This can be...
  19. slatfats

Freight forwarding services to Australia

To clarify - shipping through Shipito is USD$65 each? I'm looking at getting one of these but Natex quoted USD$100 shipping.