Search results

1. h0schi

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Yes that‘s possible, because one M.2 is connected via SATA and the second via PCIe.
  2. h0schi

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

This M.2 adapter incl. cable is working without any problems on the SFF8654 4i-Interface: https://amzn.eu/d/4Rng46j BIOS: F02
  3. h0schi

Fujitsu Futro S920 Thin Client as opnsense firewall

Is the dual-core GX-222 better than the quad-core GX-415 ? the GX-222 got a better single-core performance and should be better for firewalling, hm ? yes, it must be low-profile
  4. h0schi

SFP+ cards with ASPM support?

My lowest is C7
  5. h0schi

The problem is not the power consumption of the cards. Both cards consume about 5w. The problem is, that without ASPM-support the CPU can not reach deeper sleep-states.
  6. h0schi

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

It should fit. The Tesla P4 is 167.64 mm long. My X710-DA2 (also about 167 mm long) fits after removing the front wifi-antenna and the mounting.
  7. h0schi

TDP-Down is the setup of the P1 anf P2 powerlimits :) Yes, i‘ve insert it in the config (powerlimit: 15.0W (short: 0.00244140625s - enabled) / 15.0W (long: 28.0s - enabled))
  8. h0schi

Sure, that's the same, but i´m a bigger fan of setting up everythin in bios instead in a config-file in linux :) Power-Targets for example.
  9. h0schi

Yes, i tested it for a few minutes. It's also working with the newest bios. A fully unlocked bios would be awesome. I used "undervolt" (GitHub - georgewhewell/undervolt: Undervolt Intel CPUs under Linux) on my proxmox-server. temperature target: -0 (100C) core: -150.39 mV gpu: -150.39 mV...
  10. h0schi

At the beginning, i followd this manual (Fixing CFG Lock | OpenCore Post-Install) and then i saw your post.
  11. h0schi

Did anybody the CFG unlock on a Lenovo M720 ? I can not find the UEFI variable "CpuSetup" with RU.efi, var_setup.efi or modgrubshell.efi. The newest BIOS version is flashed - maybe that is the problem. Does anybody older versions from 2019 / 2020 ? EDIT: Found it :)...
  12. h0schi

Thx ! :) Damn - hope the next time it will be possible to unlock some BIOS-features (like TDP-down) :D Already tested Promox on a M720Q with an i3-8100T (Powersave Scaling Governor and Powertop --Auto-Tune) The consumption with two LXC (AdGuard and Uptime Kuma) is about 5-6watt - that's really...
  13. h0schi

Hi Comm‘, i will get my M720Q tiny the next days. Is there an unlocked / modbios available for the device ?
  14. h0schi

Quick Feedback: The X710 supports ASPM. i changed my Mellanox ConnectX-3 card with the Intel X710-DA2 in my Sophos XG-Firewall. Here are the outputs of LSPCI: Mellanox Connect-X 3 (CX312A) LnkCap: Port #8, Speed unknown, Width x8, ASPM L0s, Latency L0 unlimited, L1 unlimited ClockPM-...
  15. h0schi

The Intel X710 should be able to support ASPM L0 and L1. See following lscpi-Screen from STH: https://www.servethehome.com/3rd-party-intel-x710-da4-quad-10gbe-nic-review/intel-x710-da4-lspci-vvv/
  16. h0schi

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I love this little piece of hardware. I'm running a HP T620 with 8GB RAM, 240 GB Intel M2 SSD and a Mellanox Connect X3 with Sophos XG Home without any problems :)
  17. h0schi

I´ve tested some scenarios on OPNsense with a HP T620 and i changed to Sophos XG Home. For now i´m glad with my decision :)
  18. h0schi

Maybe this can help to speed up our boxes, @frauhottelmann https://teklager.se/en/knowledge-base/opnsense-performance-optimization/
  19. h0schi

The results are better now :) This thin clients with AMD GX-CPU / platforms are very efficient and cheap. I will change to OPNsense and will leave the Unifi-universe. I can not understand how a Unifi UDM-Pro with a Quad ARM Cortex-A57 (1.7 GHz) CPU can handle an IPS-throughput of 3,5 GB/s ...