Search results

1. T

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Perfect, thank you! For the price of a couple of them, gives me a single Dell compatible from FS.com :) As always, servethehome delivers :)
  2. T

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Does anybody know of any "el-cheapo" SPF+ to RJ45 10gb GBICs? Been looking around to connect a 10gb RJ45 device to a Dell PowerConnect 7024P with the 10gb module in but everywhere I look I can't get a definitive answer if they'll work. Edit: Closest I've found: Dell compatible -- SFP+ Copper...
  3. T

VM with passthrough "freezes" entire ESXi box when shutdown/rebooting guest

Well I got it solved! But not in the way that I wanted to :( Had to go back to 5.5 Update 3 but absolutely no freezing on startup/shutdown and works like a dream. Guess I'll be staying on this for a while especially as the HTML fling is available :)
  4. T

Hey Xienze, thanks for the suggestion. I went through and tried everything you said and ended up with a host lockup after the device was disabled in the VM and then the VM rebooted :( Up until that point, it was working perfectly even though it was the only VM turned on at that point. Actually...
  5. T

Just spoken to a colleague about this who's doing the same thing but on a SuperMicro board and is getting exactly the same behavior when passing through a GPU to a Windows VM. He's also running Update2 as well. Difference being, he's passing through a 290X.
  6. T

Thanks RyC, I'll give that a shot as it could be the audio causing an issue but I kinda need that as well :( I'm also going to try reverting back to 6.0GA to see if it's a Update2 issue.
  7. T

Hi all, VERY strange issue that I've come across and can't seem to get my head around this .. so far I've tried diagnosing this for nearly 12 hours straight without being able to get to the bottom of it. I'm running ESXi 6.0u2 build 3620759 (free license), on a custom build Asus P9x79 PRO...