Search results

1. E

EXPIRED Supermicro 1U w/ E5-2690v4, 128GB, Rails

Is there an AI that identifies motherboards yet?
  2. E

EXPIRED Asrock Rack EPYCD8 Epyc Motherboard - $208.89 - Amazon Warehouse

There's another one up, but it's $368, so yeah.
  3. E

EXPIRED Supermicro 1U w/ E5-2690v4, 128GB, Rails

The USPS have a form on their site to complain about them not delivering your mail. There's a checkbox for cremated remains because they lose those enough that they had to add one. If I ever die I want to be cremated and just mailed into the great beyond. Anyway, what's power consumption like...
  4. E

EXPIRED Asrock Rack EPYCD8 Epyc Motherboard - $208.89 - Amazon Warehouse

Currently unavailable here in the US, for me at least.
  5. E

Intel Xeon W-1300 and W580 motherboards

Are there any other boards available yet? I've Googled and still nothing is coming up from ASUS, Gigabyte or Asrock. The Supermicro boards have the SATA ports 5/6 disabled (for an additional M.2) which I kind of need to use or buy an HBA which have gone up in price the past month. ShopBLT has...
  6. E

Samsung - 980 PRO 1TB PCIE 4.0 x4 NVMe Gen4 $53 (possible scam)

I saw a report from someone on the Chia reddit about getting a Samsung drive that wouldn't work with their Magician software despite appearing to be a supported drive and looking legit in CrystalDiskInfo. So there could be counterfeits floating around. Or it could have been something else (OEM...
  7. E

Optane M10 32gb $36.5

I looked at them a little while ago and it looked like you would need a mirrored stripe of them assuming 10G Ethernet. Which didn't seem like a good use of all that PCIE connectivity.
  8. E

Power consumption of U.2 NVMe drives

I picked up two 280GB Optane 900Ps and was curious/concerned about how warm they'd run. It seems a fair bit cooler than their AIC bigger brother when doing the same Chia plotting for 24 hours. Peak temp was 12C lower, although the AIC is beneath an idle 2080 Ti. Will U.2 drives run off just two...
  9. E

16TB WD Easystore External USB 3.0 Hard Drive $254.99 @ Best Buy

Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I just built my NAS a few months ago, so I've got a few TB of plots and a spare drive in case one of mine dies. Hoping to get some Chia and free Internet money. Not pleased that it ruined the MLC enterprise drive market.
  10. E

It's more than double that.
  11. E

Intel 900P 280GB U.2 drives $229

What's the situation with with customs/tariffs on stuff from Ebay from China or Hong Kong?
  12. E

The TLER setting change is retained on reboots if anyone was wondering. I upgraded to U3 TrueNAS last night and it's still 7 seconds on all drives. So that (non?)mystery is solved!
  13. E

What do you imagine Optane costs per GB on average?
  14. E

Ebay link. I haven't made an offers, I'm tempted, but probably going to pass.
  15. E

Using U.2?

I'm kind of new to the enterprise connector world. I'm wondering how one goes about connecting 2.5" enterprise SSDs into a system without fancy backplanes and such? I've found M.2 adapters like this one: https://www.amazon.com/U-2-M-2-Adapter-Interface-Drive/dp/B073WGN61Y with the SFF 8643(?)...
  16. E

An Ars Technica article on the WD External drive RPM speed controversy: Western Digital is trying to redefine the word “RPM” The article has links to the r/Datahoarder tests.
  17. E

All my drives list it as supported with smartctl -c. The 4 Amazon ones have it disabled by default, the BB one has it set to 7 seconds.
  18. E

I shucked 5 12TB WD drives about two months ago. 4 Were from Amazon all WD120EDAZ-11F3RA0 reported in Crystal Disk Info as Reds, 1 from Best Buy (with annoying hex screws I had to go buy a screwdriver to get rid of) WD120EMAZ-11BLFA0 and reported as a White. I didn't save screenshots, but they...
  19. E

Need suggestions for a server platform

I'm used (mostly) old parts to cobble together a TrueNAS server. It's got the following in it right now: Corsair 750D Airflow ATX case 7700K 32GB RAM ASUS Z270 ATX board Intel X550-T2 10gbe cheap M.2 SSD boot drive (mirrored on a USB stick that was having issues disconnecting and crashing the...