Search results

1. T

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

No need for transcoding, 1080p HVEC/x264/x265/etc. Not too worried about 'horsepower' in that respect.
  2. T

WTB 20 / 24 bay 3.5 chassis

I don't think you understand the cost to post to AU from the UK or US/CA for something like this lol
  3. T

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

What do you guys think is the best unit these days for a HTPC setup ? I'd obviously want HDMI -- preferably NVMe and support for 1-2 2.5" or 3.5" drives...
  4. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I am working at configuring a Brocade 6450-48 , anyone around that could help with some IP routing / VLANs so that our address space will work ?
  5. T

Anyone around that is familiar with L3 / Brocade switch configuration ?

Hey Guys, I am working at configuring a Brocade 6450-48 , anyone around that could help with some IP routing / VLAN ?
  6. T

CPU cooler for Dell T630

The current cooler should be just fine
  7. T

SAS825TQ Backplane

I'm not really sure what hardware you are running but generally cables like this : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-Mini-SAS-to-4-SATA-SFF-8087-Multi-Lane-Forward-Breakout-Splitter-Cable-3-Feet/133117291866
  8. T

Suggestions for a 4x3.5" SAS/SATA cage removeable chassis ?

Have you done this btw ? I'd love to see some photos of how/where the mini-itx board is mounted.
  9. T

SAS825TQ Backplane

Yes, the SAS825TQ (note SAS in the part name), can support SAS drives :) I wouldn't worry about the back-plane failing.
  10. T

Quiet 25Gbit switch?

Mikrotik CCR2004 is about as close as you are going to get to a 'home use'
  11. T

Suggestions for a 4x3.5" SAS/SATA cage removeable chassis ?

Yes, that's a great option, though I don't see any available on eBay sadly. I am essentially looking to do the same, have a small form mini-itx based 8 bay NAS. I just recently ended up picking up some Gen 7 HP Microservers, I think I've sorted out how to get 7 3.5" disks + 1 SSD cache disk...
  12. T

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

Hah, I was just placing an order for 10 until I saw the thread replies, would have been a fantastic deal :P
  13. T

UK HP MicroServer G7 N54L / 4GB ( servero.co.uk ) £69

How do you have 3 cards in yours ?
  14. T

[AUS] Purchasing 500TB of hard drives

I've seen a good number of amazon boxes show up far worse. Though I wouldn't worry too much, new hard drives in full park can take an exceptional amount of gforce without issue. They are designed to be thrown around by shipping companies.
  15. T

Oh for sure, that cardboard cell is meant to have a foam liner or a really wonky laser cut cardboard (IBM was using the cardboard last I saw) on each side to keep the cardboard cells / drives in place. Without that it's a pretty useless divider, and shouldn't be shipped that way.
  16. T

It's not uncommon for DC drives to have a low number reallocated sectors once they get to a recycler. Most drives have an internal count / limit that is used before it will even report in as a bad count within SMART data -- not sure if that's what you might be seeing or not. Doesn't mean the...
  17. T

Those WD drives aren't based upon HAMR technology that I'm referring to btw.
  18. T

HAMR drives only started shipping in December, they will be growing. They will also be looking to double the spindle density by adding a second read/write spindle into 3.5" drives. It's not all that hard to get there when you start doubling up.
  19. T

Well I wasn't suggesting to wait until 100TB drives are released, but we will be seeing 30/40/50TB drives coming down the pike pretty soon...