Search results

1. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Love my current system, the IPMI is amazing compared to my DCS6005 cluster. Because the chassis is 3u, I will definitely have to figure out a different cooling configuration. The dual intel 2670's go from habitable to harrier quite easily. I'm using modular shelving so I could possibly go with...
  2. S

STH Official Meetup Group

I would be incredibly humbled to spend time with you all. Without your wisdom I would not be in the position I am now.
  3. S

STH Official Meetup Group

You mean you guys don't want to come to Wichita, KS?!?
  4. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

It's worth a shot. I ordered some thermal paste and I'll give it a try. Thanks!
  5. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Just bought this: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ 3U Rackmount Barebones / 2x Heatsinks / Raid / 2x PSU http://www.ebay.com/itm/111802439851 Was able to make an offer and got it shipped for $385 USD. Wanted a larger form factor (may eventually switch to 4u) because it's in my tiny 1br apartment...
  6. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

EDIT: Annnnnnd, it stopped working again... Lights are dead, even for the node that is running. Thanks guys, you fixed it. Posting this for the next person in this situation with a wife that is complaining that she can't watch her Downton Abbey Christmas Special on Plex. Apparently all you...
  7. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Hey Guys, I'm having a weird issue. We recently moved so I had to tear down my lab and transport it. Now the power buttons are behaving strangely. Only the first node will turn on, the other two wont. If I hold the power for the second node, it will shut off the entire rack (not sure if it did...
  8. S

Refurb'd 960GB Micron M500 SSD for 180, 480GB for 100

Annnnnd it's back upto $470ish. Appreciate you posting this though!
  9. S

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

I have a DCS6005, but I believe the setup should be similar. On mine, each mobo has 6 sata ports which connect the backplane. You can plug them in to the backplane however you please. To do this, you will need to remove the fans and it would be advisable to have a set of needle nose pliers or...
  10. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

That is a GOOD deal. I am VERY jealous!
  11. S

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Does anyone know what the part number for the fan plug (mine is actually a DCS6005) or have a spare they would be willing to sell? I clipped my Delta's plug too short when I was swapping fans. Thanks! p.s. this forum has been a HUGE help!
  12. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Does anybody have an extra fanplug/dead fan they would be willing to sell me or know the model number? I was switching out the fans for mine when I cut the wrong end of the Delta's cable. :(
  13. S

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Thank you to everyone in this thread for all the info. Picked up one of these with 96gb of ram and one 250gb drive for $385. I live in a single bedroom apartment with my fiance, so this should be interesting... Ordered some Evercool EC-8038s I will probably only be using one node for a while...