Search results

1. Z

Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build

No, not really, not intending to do any clock modifications.
  2. Z

I followed your settings and run memtest pro and seems to be fine, my memory runs at 2666 on AUTO and it is 2933 originally, I will still run it at defaults though .. .thanks for posting
  3. Z

Yeah I agree that you CAN'T agree.... :) Then it must be a board conflict with ESXi, the only options I can find in the BIOS are these
  4. Z

Hey firewall, I updated the latest Bios, went back to previous versions of VMWare, tried different things, wasn't able to do it, purchased a 9300-8i HBA (not from China and the Supermicro model which has "no known clones" works wonderful, have done SMART test, running 2 pools on it at the moment...
  5. Z

Has anyone installed ESXi latest release with SATA passthrough? it will allow to enable it but it won't work It stays on the Need Reboot option and won't show it to the VM Maybe because this board is not officially supported? I am going to have to get an HBA for it which I was trying to avoid
  6. Z

I'm about to attach the Noctua fan for the X570 chipset, although logically it should be blowing into the heatsink it comes to question if it also could work sucking in through the chipset fins and blowing out hot air to the front to back airflow, has anyone experimented with both settings?
  7. Z

That makes sense, thank you, I think I'm going to go with 1 M.2 booting and VM's and avoid the SATADOM booting separate
  8. Z

From the booting perspective? or for VM's in general? or just because of the RAID?
  9. Z

Just installed the board on a Fractal Node 804, ended up purchasing a 3700X, truly I don't need more computing power for now. My plan is to run ESXi and TrueNAS VM among others hopefully the SATA onboard ports will be detected with drives without needing to add an LSI with IT mode for drives...
  10. Z

Question, if the board doesn't have the beta BIOS will it still allow updating to the beta with the 5xxx?
  11. Z

Thanks, sometimes I need some feedback to keep it simple, 6 cores 12 threads on the 3600 is definitely will be just there and not enough, 1. Plex server and transcoding 2 cores at least 2. TrueNAS 1 core but preferable 2 3. Accounting system 2 cores minimal 4. Palo Alto appliance 2 cores 5...
  12. Z

I have been waiting for the 5800X to be in stock but it seems I will have to wait at least 2 more months before supply gets steady, I won't be paying the premium on Ebay charged by the speculators. what you think would be best, move on with a system now spending $140 on a 3600 now and replacing...
  13. Z

Thanks this is helpful, nice and neat, the 2 Noctuas's in the front are intake, the one in the back obviously exhaust, the one on the top/side I presume is exhaust correct? as you have enough pressure inside with the 2 intakes. The Dynatron what you mean by "built-in"? it doesn't come with the...
  14. Z

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, I think I'm good then, appreciate the help
  15. Z

Just purchase one of these boards. I am intending to build a home server with a 5600X or 5800X running ESXi, one of the VM's will be a Truenas VM. Apologies for the noobish questions. I was intending to use a boot M.2 SSD but I read that will take 4 lanes, plus 4 for the chipset leaves me 12...
  16. Z

EPYC3251D4I-2T vs X570D4I-2T+3700X

will be released end o Jan 2021 or Feb 2021 EDIT: From ASROCK EPYC3451D4U-2L2T2O8R is one of our new sku which is targeted officially launched in US market during end Jan to early Feb 2021. Our official disti partner ASI and Ma Labs, and E-commerce partner New Egg will help you on ordering...
  17. Z

Looks amazing, still not for sale, don't know when will it be available
  18. Z

I am building a server for ESX virtualization running TrueNAS on 1 VM and Windows and other OS's on separate VM's This specific board seems attractive EPYC3251D4I-2T but the VMware EPCY support, the passthrough from the ESX to the TrueNAS VM etc. concerns me. I'm planning to use the Node 804 for...