Search results

1. D

Tiny/Mini/Micro That fits specific criteria?

Finally a replacement! https://www.servethehome.com/hp-elitedesk-mini-2-5gbe-flex-io-v2-nic-intel-i225-m74416-001/ The HP EliteDesk 805 G8 Desktop Mini checks all the boxes the previous NUCs did! Dual LAN, more than three video outputs, and RAID 1 capable.
  2. D

Through all my searches, I don't think I had seen that model from Advantech. I will see if we want to order one of these as a test. Thanks for the heads up WANg!
  3. D

Yup, we are looking at those. Biggest concerns are the USB C to display dongles not being very reliable, and supply issues for actually getting the NUCs. I really like the flexibility of USB C, but for embedded and production environments the extra adapters and dongles are annoying. I did talk...
  4. D

Man, finding a replacement for these NUCs is turning out to be a unicorn hunt! Even with looking at specialized embedded and signage PCs, there really is nothing like it. Except getting a SFF business PC and rebuilding them to spec. I did find one company that makes something close; Maxtang...
  5. D

We are currently using 8th gen NUCs as they have multiple display port outs. The problem is that display chaining requires newer displays, and the installations we put these into often won't spend money to do a full upgrade of the operator station. That means we rip and replace, and then just...
  6. D

HP Elite Mini 800 G9 With Alder Lake Launched

Yes, we would love dual 10gbE and Quad display outputs at my work. We use them for industrial monitoring stations in a control room.
  7. D

We've been buying Intel NUC 8th gens because they can have 4 displays and 2 ethernet ports, but they are getting harder to find. Do any of the major manufacterers have something similar now? I looked at the HP Z2, but couldn't tell if it could be configured with two ethernet ports. The Lenovos...
  8. D

ASRock Rack 1U4LW-ICX/2T Review 1U Intel Xeon Ice Lake Hosting Node

Quite honestly some of the best component reviews I have ever read. Very particular, and they must have taken forever to write, but if it had a good rating from them, it was going to be a 100% winner.
  9. D

ASRock Rack 1U4LW-ICX/2T Review 1U Intel Xeon Ice Lake Hosting Node

For reviews like this, I think a better way to get a point rating is to use a deduction system. Any reader of jonnyguru.com reviews will know what I am talking about. You can still start with 10 points for each category, but for each problem or issue you call out in the writing you would...
  10. D

[WTB]Low Profile Bracket Intel PRO/1000 Quad port

Wow, BeTeP that is impressive! You have described it exactly. As you can see in your photo, the area around the ports is slightly different than what Danic had. Much respect for posting the part numbers for me, that will help my search.
  11. D

You are correct, that is the bracket I currently have. I was replying to Danic with a photo of what I have. It is slightly different than what had.
  12. D

That is not quite the exact bracket. Mine has a longer portion opposite the screw attachment point. See picture.
  13. D

Willing to pay shipping, and a couple bucks if you have one laying around.
  14. D

[WTB] Basic ATX Case

You caught my interest. Do you have a spec sheet for it?
  15. D

[WTB] Basic ATX Case

That could actually work! Are you willing to part with it? I will PM you if so.
  16. D

Which CPU(s) are the kings in x265 encoding?

Phoronix Test Suite has a test for x265 encoding, you can see the results here. Fastest CPUs right now are i9 10900k, Threadripper 3960x and 3950x and the i9 10980XE.
  17. D

Benchmark Comparison: How fast is your browser?

I7 8700 and 16 GB RAM on my workstation. Running firefox
  18. D

[WTB] Basic ATX Case

Looking for a basic ATX case near Wisconsin, to keep shipping down. Let me know if you have an old case knocking around and you are looking to get rid of it! Thanks, DiHydro
  19. D

FOUND: Dual or Quad Port 1GigE PCI NIC

Thanks to @lopgok, I'm not looking anymore.
  20. D

[FS] BNIB NetGear ProSafe FS116 16 Port 10/100 Ethernet Unmanaged Switch

I got this as an RMA replacement. I can send the emails from the support tech, but when I submitted the RMA for the old one, they just asked for the serial number, not the receipt.