Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I wanted to follow this posted up with an update. Yes, I need to clean out some dust. I've been successfully running a modded 7250-48P for the last 9 months 24/7 in my closet and I'm finally getting pics for folks because I had to take down the lab due to a move. I didn't get exactly the...
  2. D

Well that's helpful - and leaves me feeling a bit sheepish. Now just a matter of figuring out how I'm going to mod this. I'm curious if better compound with slightly stronger push-pin mount with 9-10K RPM fans will keep the fans operating in speed 1 while still satisfying the tach requirements...
  3. D

Interesting - maybe I just need more torque - They just seemed quite resistant and when I looked at the bottom of the chassis, there were rivets beneath each and the soldering around it on the board gave me pause. So you're saying that these pegs can be removed?
  4. D

First post here - love this community already and lots of helpful posts on modding for less noise. Have to run a small lab for VMware certs out of my home office and replacing a stack of 3750s with a 7250-48p and 8x licensed 10Gb ports. Already that is quieter, but not enough for me to be happy...