Search results

1. rafale77

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I was going to suggest the intel X550-T2 but just saw their current price... and wow, no, it's definitely crazy.
  2. rafale77

Ahh just saw one selling on Evilbay for US $240...
  3. rafale77

lol, If I were you, I would go bold and get an nVidia T1000 and try to swap the heatpipe HSF on it... Now we are talking performance improvement. ;)
  4. rafale77

Yeah it will fit, then. Same generation, Same HSF design. Fairly certain, you won't have any problem. Just curious, why do you want to switch GPU? The performance gain seems to be marginal.
  5. rafale77

Sizewise, it won't be a problem, the issue is going to be whether or not you have the right CPU HSF to accomodate the heatpipe attached heatsink... unless you intended to change the cooling solution? The P320 has no venting grill from the top so I suppose you want to reuse the heatpipe. Do you...
  6. rafale77

Yes they often are. The tricky part is on the heatsink... You need a heatsink which leaves out room for the heat pipe and tiny radiator. There are however many versions of the RX460 with different form factors. If you post which one you are looking at, I can probably tell you if it will fit.
  7. rafale77

@Parallax, suffer a bit? o_O I wouldn't go that far. Pictures as requested by @Helzy. The back is missing the "baffle plate" but not having it helps with cooling.
  8. rafale77

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Look closely at the pictures of the back of the unit. You will notice that HP actually doesn’t use “standard PCIe slot” on their minis, not even with a dGPU. The dGPU are non standard parts with proprietary slots and PCBs. Only the newer generations of Lenovo tints and some very rare dGPU...
  9. rafale77

@Helzy, The card is actually about 2mm too long.. Squeezing it a little actually fits but the cover at the end won't fit quite right because the antenna bracket would be bent at an angle where at the furthest end, it would stick out by 4mm. That's why I took it out. 2cm would definitely be a non...
  10. rafale77

Indeed, It is the most recent MacOS compatible card which could fit in the machine. And it is a super tight fit…. The card runs great but had it not been for the purpose of running MacOS, I would have used an nVidia T1000. The fit is so tight that there is no extra securing needed. The locking...
  11. rafale77

I did not modify my BIOS. I technically changed a couple of bits in the UEFI MSR registers. It's rather an area of NVRAM which stores BIOS settings. For these changes to work, I did have to disable the OC lock. I described the process here.
  12. rafale77

I found this for Linux. Have tried it myself but it acts on the MSR the same way I am doing it on MacOS.
  13. rafale77

Forgot to reply to this. A lot depends on what OS you run on it. It's fairly easy using a tool like throttlestop. I wrote a simple guide on another forum for MacOS. It's potentially trickier if done other OS. I considered trying to do it at the MSR register/BIOS level so it can be OS agnostic...
  14. rafale77

I see, so you caugh the upgraditis variant of COVID... :p
  15. rafale77

Pure speculation on my part, but based on the looks of it (tiny5 Vs tiny6), it isn't the electrical interface which is different. It is the physical shape of the board. I believe that the location of the holding screw and potentially the relative position of the PCIe connector is slightly...
  16. rafale77

there was a UK ebay seller also (laptoppartsUK?) but it apparently went out of stock. It was also a lot more expensive with the shipping fees to the US.
  17. rafale77

I got mine here: https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/12575583/Lenovo/5C50W00877/ It was in stock for a very short time.